Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**

Go down 
+3
mordicai
SheWolf
ballisticexchris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris

Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** Empty
PostSubject: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Take a look at these babies:

http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=11&products_id=679

Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** TOPMAINIMAGES

I have the regular F3 style on my KTM and can attest to the fact that they have been the best pegs I have ever owned. These new ones, while pricey, should be every bit as good or better.

Another peg I have owned were these GIMMICKY things:

Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** MK3PivotPegz

I really got caught up on the "internet reviews" these things were getting. I used them for a good full season before breaking my leg due to slipping off them in a desert race. They sit in my tool cabinet as a reminder to be careful what to add to your bike.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Interesting. I've got those on my bike and haven't had any slippage issues off them at all; covered in ice, mud, sand, you name it. They grip like glue and because I'm small, my feet actually fit WITH the bike now. I dunno, I like them better than a static peg. dunno

ballisticexchris

PostSubject: Re: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:53 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Interesting. I've got those on my bike and haven't had any slippage issues off them at all; covered in ice, mud, sand, you name it. They grip like glue and because I'm small, my feet actually fit WITH the bike now. I dunno, I like them better than a static peg. dunno

I really tried to like my Pivot Pegz. I even sharpened the teeth in hopes of a better grip. I just could not get used to them. I guess it all comes down to riding style and rider preference.

I have more of a feet up/stand up riding style. In fact, whenever most guys my bike, they wonder how in the heck I can control the thing. My levers are pointing almost straight down, bars high and rolled way forward scratch

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Personal ergonomic freedom, hun. You ride with how you feel the most comfortable for the situation. thumb

PostSubject: Re: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:14 pm

I have 8,000 miles on my Pivot pegz and love um, especialy when standing. Different strokes........
Back to top Go down
ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris

PostSubject: Re: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:27 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Personal ergonomic freedom, hun. You ride with how you feel the most comfortable for the situation. thumb

It is strange how we all have different ways to setup our bikes. That's the cool thing about your personal ride. Setting it up the way YOU like it thumb

I am so excited about getting my own WR250R. My local dealer will make me a great deal on a new one (I have bought 8 bikes from them over the years!). It's taking me a while because I am going to pay cash (no payments) for the first time on a new bike.

I have ridden a 525KTM and Suzuki DRZ400 (with a flatslide carb) dualsport offroad. After riding my buddies WR250X I was SOLD bow ! This has to be one of the best dual sports made. What amazes me is how well a small 250 can handle 80 MPH freeway speeds.
Back to top Go down
foofighter

foofighter

PostSubject: Re: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Those pegs look awesome, but damn $250 for footpegs? I guess if you have the money then all the power to you!
Back to top Go down
ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris

PostSubject: Re: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:49 pm

foofighter wrote:
Those pegs look awesome, but damn $250 for footpegs? I guess if you have the money then all the power to you!

I was thinking the same thing. That's a huge chunk of dough for footpegs. Another option if you are on a budget are these:

Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** 633045421156734008wc-footpeg-ext

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/192/6350/ITEM/Works-Connection-Weld-On-Footpeg-Extension.aspx

Figure 30 bucks and another 25 if you have to go to a local welder.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:49 pm

ballisticexchris wrote:

I really got caught up on the "internet reviews" these things were getting. I used them for a good full season before breaking my leg due to slipping off them in a desert race. They sit in my tool cabinet as a reminder to be careful what to add to your bike.

Since they are just dust collectors now, please let me know if you have any interest in selling them for a good price. I can not justify new fancy dancy peg prices, but the stockers bend like swiss cheese, so I am always looking to get something better.

feel free to email directly: dougz73 at Gmail dot com
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:12 pm

ballisticexchris wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

It is strange how we all have different ways to setup our bikes. That's the cool thing about your personal ride. Setting it up the way YOU like it thumb

I am so excited about getting my own WR250R. My local dealer will make me a great deal on a new one (I have bought 8 bikes from them over the years!). It's taking me a while because I am going to pay cash (no payments) for the first time on a new bike.

I have ridden a 525KTM and Suzuki DRZ400 (with a flatslide carb) dualsport offroad. After riding my buddies WR250X I was SOLD bow ! This has to be one of the best dual sports made. What amazes me is how well a small 250 can handle 80 MPH freeway speeds.

It's interesting hearing your opion of the WR considering the nice rides you've had in the past. I'm 72 so I've been riding awhile, but not high-end bikes I had an '82 Yamaha 550x for 26yrs. Winters in Baja, summers way back in next to the Flattops Wilderness in NW Colorado. For 3 years I rode year round in Colorado. 12 miles on a plowed dirt road and 2 miles on ski's. But I never considered myself much of a rider in terms of skill, so when I first rode the WR and was blow away with it, I was'nt sure my opinion was worth anything. Its the easiest bike to ride I have ever owned. Now if they would make it a 350 and put some good parts in the suspension, I'd be ready to do the New bike money suck again. Yah, bikes take on the soul of their owners......Alaska Sheepskin saddle pad on the way in Spotted Cow.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:49 pm

When I picked up my bike at the dealer in '08 the service manager was blown away by the test ride (I always wondered how hard the SOB rode my new bike to get so excited?). Anyway, he swore he was going to swap his DRZ for a WR. I thought "whatever" ... give me the keys so I can get her home.

Sure enough, I'm in the place 6 months later and he's got the WR.
Back to top Go down
ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris

PostSubject: Re: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:56 am

DougZ wrote:
ballisticexchris wrote:

Since they are just dust collectors now, please let me know if you have any interest in selling them for a good price. I can not justify new fancy dancy peg prices, but the stockers bend like swiss cheese, so I am always looking to get something better.

My Pivot Pegz are the first generation. They are made for a KTM and the inner spring on the left one is snapped.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:30 pm

ballisticexchris wrote:
DougZ wrote:
ballisticexchris wrote:

My Pivot Pegz are the first generation. They are made for a KTM and the inner spring on the left one is snapped.

ah ha...never mind then.
Back to top Go down
ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris

PostSubject: Re: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:54 pm

I should not be so quick to judge stuff like these pegs. That broken leg just took the wind out of my sails. When riding out here in the desert it seems like ANYTHING that has an extra moving part other than what comes stock on a bike breaks.

I have had to learn the hard way cry eeek droooool

Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

PostSubject: Re: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:57 pm

I have the F3s and am happy with them, but cant find sliders for em, anyone know if a universal will fit????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**   Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE** Empty

Back to top Go down

Fastway adventure pegs **NEW STYLE**
Page 1 of 1