Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Anyone else ride all year round?

Go down 
+7
rydnseek
lantern23
skierd
mrgeoff
dtx
Marylucky
mlacey56
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mlacey56

Anyone else ride all year round? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else ride all year round?   Anyone else ride all year round? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:46 am

Hey guy, and gals... So mother nature finally dropped some snow on the streets here in oregon. I've been riding for the past three winters on this moto, and still get a kick out of how easy it is to ride in ANY conditions! Honestly puts a smile on my face after having empty white streets today.... Am I just crazy or had anyone else got to experience this from their bike yet as well??? Rain, shine, snow, sleet... Way too comfortable on this thing
Back to top Go down
Marylucky

Marylucky

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else ride all year round?   Anyone else ride all year round? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:47 am

We have a new law for the winter tires so I can't ride my bike from december 15th to march 15th... It sucks because sometimes the weather is fine to take the bike out.

But Yesterday we brake the law : we put the R wheels on the X.

1+ foot of snow and lot of fun Very happy

Anyone else ride all year round? Camera10
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else ride all year round?   Anyone else ride all year round? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:53 am

I still get out from time to time.Just not like i used to in my younger days. At this time of year we put on the ice tires head out to a lake and have at it. Built 4 new tires yesterday,all spooned on rims so gotta go swap axels today.
Nice thing about the x/r is e-button,watching guys try to start up a 8deg is a hoot. Punch the button and ride off.
Back to top Go down
mrgeoff

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else ride all year round?   Anyone else ride all year round? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:02 pm

I am now riding mine rain or shine, but come the winter, they salt the roads too much here, so it stays indoors till about March :(
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else ride all year round?   Anyone else ride all year round? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:06 pm

https://2img.net/h/i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab259/shorttrack915/ice2012008.jpg

todays ride
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else ride all year round?   Anyone else ride all year round? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:25 pm

My wrr was my only vehicle for the last two years until this September so yeah, all year everyday for me!
Back to top Go down
lantern23

lantern23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else ride all year round?   Anyone else ride all year round? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm in Southern Oregon and rode every day last winter. Been slacking a little this winter.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else ride all year round?   Anyone else ride all year round? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:34 pm

i just got back from a ride today.. nice challenging trail with part of in the great western trail. We ride pretty much all year.. sometimes there is a storm, or some other hindrance, but most of the time, it's year round.
Back to top Go down
einnar

einnar

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else ride all year round?   Anyone else ride all year round? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:28 pm

There is a whole forum of year round riders.

http://www.yearroundriders.com

(Surprisingly enough...)
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else ride all year round?   Anyone else ride all year round? EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:03 am

rydnseek wrote:
i just got back from a ride today.. nice challenging trail with part of in the great western trail. We ride pretty much all year.. sometimes there is a storm, or some other hindrance, but most of the time, it's year round.

poser2 poser2

Quite a difference between riding all year 'round when you live in Arizona, and some place like Winnipeg or Edmonton.

amazon amazon

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else ride all year round?   Anyone else ride all year round? EmptySat May 05, 2012 12:47 pm

I did good this year. Insured the bike Feb 11 and plan on riding into December. I made it to Dec 12 last year. Then it gets to damn cold. -10c and lower. Just to damn cold. And, we usually get a couple feet of snow Dec thru Feb so it's not good to ride, mostly because of the other people on the roads. They tend to be twits!
Back to top Go down
team510

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else ride all year round?   Anyone else ride all year round? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:19 pm

i ride year round but i live in cali,so its never too bad...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else ride all year round?   Anyone else ride all year round? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else ride all year round?
Page 1 of 1