Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

SM Pro Front spacer X to R swap

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gundy

SM Pro Front spacer   X to R swap Empty
PostSubject: SM Pro Front spacer X to R swap   SM Pro Front spacer   X to R swap EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 7:22 pm

So i finally got around to swapping the R set of wheels (wheeling SM Pro) onto the bike, and I noticed the right front spacer (the side without the brake) seems to have a large gap (maybe 1/2 inch) between the fork and the outside edge of the spacer. The spacer is flush with the hub. Everything seems to be working fine and the axle went through with no issues, and the axle nut appear to be on as far as it was before.. It just looks to me like the spacer should be fit tightly against the fork....can anyone confirm what is correct?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: SM Pro Front spacer X to R swap   SM Pro Front spacer   X to R swap EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:18 am

How was it with your stock wheels?

I've owned both a WR-250R and a WR-250X, and both those bikes are like lots of bikes as far as this goes:

The right-hand spacer butts up against the head of the axle, not the right fork leg.
If the fork leg had to be squeezed in to contact the wheel spacer, the fork would bind.

The head of the axle contacts the right wheel spacer, which contacts the right wheel bearing inner race, which contacts the spacer in the center of the wheel, which contacts the left wheel bearing inner race, which contacts the left wheel spacer, which contacts the left fork leg.
Threading the axle nut onto the left end of the axle and tightening it pulls all of those part together under tension without pulling the right fork leg in and causing binding.
This is why you tighten the right side fork pinch bolts around the axle last.
Back to top Go down
Gundy

PostSubject: Re: SM Pro Front spacer X to R swap   SM Pro Front spacer   X to R swap EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks. I think you described what I am seeing, so it's probably ok. The space I see looks to be the head of the axle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SM Pro Front spacer X to R swap   SM Pro Front spacer   X to R swap Empty

Back to top Go down

SM Pro Front spacer X to R swap
Page 1 of 1