Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Coal Creek OHV Park, TN

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DragonNester

DragonNester

Coal Creek OHV Park, TN Empty
PostSubject: Coal Creek OHV Park, TN   Coal Creek OHV Park, TN EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:38 pm

We had a break in the weather so I met up with a friend and we rode 35 miles of mountain trails to thumb our noses at ole man winter. We call it Windrock, but it's officially Coal Creek OHV Area. 70,000 acres and hundreds of miles of trails and gravel roads...no tags required.

The ground was sloppy wet, but still a great day for January. wings

Windmills on Windrock Mountain
Coal Creek OHV Park, TN Windrock003

Windrock is in the Cumberland Mts...that's the TN Valley in the background...the far off background are the Cherokee and Smoky Mts.
Coal Creek OHV Park, TN Windrock002

The Windmills are much bigger than you think...from a distance.
Coal Creek OHV Park, TN Windrock001
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Park, TN   Coal Creek OHV Park, TN EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Been meaning to go to Coal Creak. How is it?

I've been to Brimstone,TN nearby.

Got any more pics of Coal Creak, would love to see them.
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Park, TN   Coal Creek OHV Park, TN EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Coal Creek is relatively close to my place, so I go there every now and then. It has everything from gravel roads to ridiculous rock crawler trails. It has a big well run campground (Windrock) also. The place, like so many others, is a haven for ATV's now. Most of the trails are on the rough side. The place is huge.

You'll find more dedicated trail bikes than dual sport bikes there because of the terrain.

I don't have any more pix but you can find many youtube videos of the more popular trails, some with crashes of motorcycles to 4X4's.

I would like to try Brimstone later this year along with Royal Blue.

For info on the area, go here:

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/

Where do you like to ride in the Gainesville area...my old stomping grounds? Have you ever ridden the Osceola Forest? I keep wanting to try it out.

Last edited by DragonNester on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Park, TN   Coal Creek OHV Park, TN EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:03 pm

DragonNester wrote:

Where go you like to ride in the Gainesville area...my old stomping grounds? Have you ever ridden the Osceola Forest? I keep wanting to try it out.

The saying around here is ride Ocala National Forest when it rains and ride Osceola when it doesn't. Osceola can get very swampy. If there is a prolonged dry spell you get some good riding. Big, empty .... but still Florida >> Flat and boring.

Ocala National Forest can be very sandy.

Here's a look at the wet season in Osceola:

Coal Creek OHV Park, TN Pic_do10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Park, TN   Coal Creek OHV Park, TN Empty

Back to top Go down

Coal Creek OHV Park, TN
Page 1 of 1