Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Muffled end cap

Go down 
AuthorMessage
IAmABug

Muffled end cap Empty
PostSubject: Muffled end cap   Muffled end cap EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:54 pm

This is what happens when you have time and packing material on your hands. I was looking at my endcap, which is big, open, and empty. The inner sleeve only went halfway through leaving a 1/2" gap between it and the end of the silencer endcap. So I said to myself "self, how can I improve this". This is what I came up with. Functional or a waist of time??? I added a sleeve, riveted it on. Drill 100+ 0.065" holes and machined it flush to the endcap after I cut it down. Here is the result.

Muffled end cap Th_photo-9

If nothing else, I like that it is flush with the end of the silencer.
Back to top Go down

Muffled end cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffled end cap   Muffled end cap EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:36 pm

How were the results? Any audible improvement? lurk
Back to top Go down

Muffled end cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffled end cap   Muffled end cap EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Oh, DAMNIT BUG! I just realized that was your post. I keep looking for new cool exhaust mods on the forum and keep coming across you. I feel like ive been unintentionally stalking you... D\'OH
Back to top Go down

Muffled end cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffled end cap   Muffled end cap EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:28 pm

End cap from which muffler?
Back to top Go down

Muffled end cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffled end cap   Muffled end cap EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm guessing it was from BUG's Delta Barrel 4.
Back to top Go down

Muffled end cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffled end cap   Muffled end cap EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:10 pm

I wasn't sure... the "delta 4 barrel" in the signature has a strikethrough over it... assumed perhaps he used to have a delta system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Muffled end cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffled end cap   Muffled end cap Empty

Back to top Go down

Muffled end cap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Pipes 'n Programmers-
Jump to: