Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mtb

mtb

STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) Empty
PostSubject: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:11 pm

Hey guys and gal,

Last night I did the zip-tie mod, and I ended up with WOT in about 1/4 turn...

But I forgot what's the STOCK degree/turn to get to WOT Shog

Can anyone verify it and let me know? Very happy

I like it so far.... it does not seem to affect the low RPM so much, so slow commute is still easy... and when I get on it, the wrist felt more relaxed thumb

Last edited by mtb on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:21 pm

Ok, a mod I've never heard of....please elaborate. Very happy

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:29 pm

You can refer to here

It is simply a homemade quick throttle wink

Wolfie... help me measure your stock WOT degree/turn plssssssssssssssss bow
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:35 pm

I'll go see. Neat little setup. thumb

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Thanks!

I know there's an improvement, but not so much...

Perhaps I will add another thinner zip-tie tonight wink
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:00 pm

There we go, mod in mod home. Very happy

Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:05 pm

poser2

Thanks... I was like.. WTF, where's my post?!?!

With this cheap mod, the power is easier to obtain

So Wolfie... where's my measurements? wink
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:08 pm

That means I have to put my clothes back on and drag it out of the carport... dddog

Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:17 pm

SheWolf wrote:
That means I have to put my clothes back on and drag it out of the carport... dddog

lurk

clothes off droooool

poser2 ... it's ok... just wait for someone to come across this thread and get it estimated for me... keep your clothes off wink
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:23 pm

Hahaha and I thought Fargo was a horndog.... poser2 thumb

Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 10:29 am

Anyway, this is the only photo I have for this mod pig

STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) Photo0402

I added another thinner and shorter zip-tie on the top of this, but it doesn't seem to affect too much... perhaps it was too short dunno
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 10:47 am

Maybe the stroke on the WR throttle isn't the same as the Ninja's? A person would have to see with the housing off exactly how far the cable contacts the slider at WOT. The only thing that makes me hesitant is in the event that tie decides to somehow dislodge itself and gets caught up inside there.... eeek

Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 10:59 am

I doubt it will dislocate itself as the cables are constantly applying pressure almost 80% of the entire zp-tie

then again, you've got a point there too

well.. I am a mod whore... what to do... wink

another thing I did today was to hack the stock exhaust to prepare for the cut-n-paste project.... with a cheap hand saw beavis

the stock material is so damn thick cripple

So what's the stock WOT range? more than 1/4? wink
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:57 pm

My totally stock X appears to be a quarter turn.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 9:29 pm

W h a t ? ! ? ! puke

I wasted my zip-ties and superglue cry

But I still think there's a potential way to achieve it... let me carry out some experiments amazon
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 12:01 am

Yup, 1/4 turn on my stocker too.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 7:50 am

I was thinking about this the last time I rode and 1/4 of a turn is a very loooong distance in the real world.

Anything that shortens that up is a very good thing.

1/8th turn???? cheers

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Any more on this?

I'd love to know of a mod that could decrease the "distance" to full throttle.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)   STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle) Empty

Back to top Go down

STOCK throttle wide open degree? (Homemade Quick Throttle)
Page 1 of 1