Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve) Empty
PostSubject: EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve)   EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:48 pm

The exhaust system also features Yamaha's EXUP System (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve). The single butterfly valve prevents the "blow back" phenomenon caused by "valve overlap". The EXUP system eliminates "flat spots" in the power band and reduces emissions too. <----I found this ^
HERE--->http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2008models/2008models-Yamaha-WR250X.htm

My Q is Why do people take it off? The description of what the EXUP does sounds important.
I'm set on doing this mod. I just wanna know why 80% of the WRR/X riders have.
Cheers!
lurk
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve)   EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:57 pm

StreetGhost wrote:
The exhaust system also features Yamaha's EXUP System (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve). The single butterfly valve prevents the "blow back" phenomenon caused by "valve overlap". The EXUP system eliminates "flat spots" in the power band and reduces emissions too. <----I found this ^
HERE--->http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2008models/2008models-Yamaha-WR250X.htm

My Q is Why do people take it off? The description of what the EXUP does sounds important.
I'm set on doing this mod. I just wanna know why 80% of the WRR/X riders have.
Cheers!
lurk

Been asked and answered many times here.

Read around.

Short answer - it doesn't do what Yamaha says it does...it's more for emissions and noise.

It's welded into stock exhaust system so if you want aftermarket exhaust you either ditch the EXUP, or become a custom fabricator.

Set on doing what mod?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve)   EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Also: please watch video and tell me - how much do you really think the EXUP does?

click me

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

PostSubject: Re: EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve)   EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:23 pm

motokid wrote:
Also: please watch video and tell me - how much do you really think the EXUP does?

click me

I think I saw it move a little only once.
Back to top Go down
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

PostSubject: Re: EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve)   EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Set on doing what mod? [/quote]

^
Yeah, buying the Graves EXUP plug in. Not really a MOD.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve)   EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 4:22 pm

StreetGhost wrote:

1) Do you have aftermarket exhaust?

2) a 5 cent resistor can do the same job as the $60 Graves part

3) The Graves plug in does nothing for performance. It simply prevents a CEL light on your dash from being on once you remove the EXUP servo

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

PostSubject: Re: EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve)   EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 5:25 pm

motokid wrote:
StreetGhost wrote:

1) Do you have aftermarket exhaust?

2) a 5 cent resistor can do the same job as the $60 Graves part

3) The Graves plug in does nothing for performance. It simply prevents a CEL light on your dash from being on once you remove the EXUP servo

No aftermarket exhaust yet. I'm doing little bit at a time. I'm thinking the FMF Q4. For now I've only pulled out the spark arrestor, added a K&N air filter. Next is the AIS mod along with the flapper mod. Before the Q4 purchase I want to re gear it.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve)   EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 5:39 pm

StreetGhost wrote:

No aftermarket exhaust yet. I'm doing little bit at a time. I'm thinking the FMF Q4. For now I've only pulled out the spark arrestor, added a K&N air filter. Next is the AIS mod along with the flapper mod. Before the Q4 purchase I want to re gear it.

Then why are you asking about the Graves part and/or posting stuff about the EXUP?

Also: click me

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

PostSubject: Re: EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve)   EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 6:32 pm

motokid wrote:
StreetGhost wrote:

Then why are you asking about the Graves part and/or posting stuff about the EXUP?

Also: click me

Because I'm a planner and I'm putting together my plan.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve)   EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Then consider NOT getting the Graves part.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve)   EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve) Empty

Back to top Go down

EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve)
Page 1 of 1