Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Best full exhaust combo for POWER!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
47une

47une

Best full exhaust combo for POWER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Best full exhaust combo for POWER!!!   Best full exhaust combo for POWER!!! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:58 am

Hi all,

I read for hours and hours the other night reading everyone's opinions and thoughts on exhausts, but I couldn't get a definitive answer on which system or combination will give the most power.

I am not too concerned about noise as I rode and rode with my mate and his WRR with Q4 and Powerbomb and I didn't find it anywhere near what I would call noisy.

So I am wondering what exhaust system will give me the most amount of power across the whole rev range? At this stage I am thinking the Megabomb for the low down torque and the Powercore for its free flow for the higher revs?

Thanks in advanced for your replies.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Best full exhaust combo for POWER!!!   Best full exhaust combo for POWER!!! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 9:14 am

Sorry man, but I just don't think you're going to get any better answers than you've already discovered.

We are all in a quest for more/most power and all have various considerations to take as well.

Money. Noise. Weight. Just to name a few.

Power also involves a fuel programmer and mods to the intake side of the engine.

If money was no option for me (I'd buy a different motorcycle altogether probably) I'd buy a Graves full titanium exhaust system and a PCV with auto-tune module and then schedule multiple sessions for some time on a dyno for some professional help to get the MOST power possible.

That would also include a full dissection of the airbox as well as air filter changes and air box door removal.

For a guy like you on an R the airbox stuff and air filter might be a bigger concern. A street rider has less dirt to worry about so the intake can be opened up more with less fear.

Then, in the quest for more power I might be tempted to look into big-bore kits or even the turbo kit, but at that point the new bike question seems more appropriate.

Losing weight equals more power too. What have you done to lighten your R?
Gearing is huge as well. Are you geared to put the power you seek in the right places for your riding?

Then you just have to keep in mind that it's a 250 single. You'r not going to get huge returns for your money in your quest for power. You might need to spend hundreds of dollars to get one more horsepower which in the grand scheme of things might not even be noticeable in the seat-of-the-pants feel when you're riding.

If you already have some aftermarket goodies on your bike you might be about at the top end of the power spectrum as you can get.

Most people don't buy multiple systems and then dyno test them to see what's the most powerful.

So again, I don't think you'll get a definitive answer.

But I will be interested to see what others say. :hmmm:

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
47une

47une

PostSubject: Re: Best full exhaust combo for POWER!!!   Best full exhaust combo for POWER!!! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:55 am

Thank you for your in depth response.

Any other thoughts out there on the most powerful exhaust combo??
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Best full exhaust combo for POWER!!!   Best full exhaust combo for POWER!!! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Gundy

PostSubject: Re: Best full exhaust combo for POWER!!!   Best full exhaust combo for POWER!!! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 6:57 pm

From what I have read, opening up the airbox and adding a fuel programmer is the best bang for the buck. Each step after that is going to be a very small difference.
Yes, it does all add up, but its a matter of how much money you want to blow on it.

I like my Megabomb/Q4/Power Commander V setup a lot although I don't think I would have spent my own money on it (bike came with it). Altogether the setup would be roughly $800 US new, which for maybe a couple horsepower doesn't seem like the best way to proceed.

If starting with a stock bike, I would go step-wise and add as necessary in this order:

Lower gearing as much as possible while maintaining whatever top cruise speed you need
Revalve/respring the suspension
Open up the airbox and add fuel programmer

Then I would ask myself if another 600 for a muffler and header would actually make me faster, or if I should use it to save for a 450 once they start making those wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best full exhaust combo for POWER!!!   Best full exhaust combo for POWER!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Best full exhaust combo for POWER!!!
Page 1 of 1