Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carbomb

PostSubject: Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?   Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:45 pm

Ordered a replacement countershaft nut and washer for the front sprocket I plan to do. Yamaha parts guy calls and says that Yamaha has it on backorder until April for the WR250X/R. Any other sources for this part? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?   Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:47 pm

I have re-used the stock nut. I torque it up and havn't had it move on me yet. Just check it every few rides. I put some nail polish on it for a quick look. If its still lined up, its golden. I don't bother bending it back into the groove.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?   Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:28 pm

I recycled the old one as well. I prefer using a dab of medium loctite vs. peening the nut.
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?   Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:01 pm

I've re-used the counter shaft nut multiple times. Each time I lightly peen and also add a little blue loctite; Never had a problem.
Back to top Go down
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?   Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Carbomb wrote:
Ordered a replacement countershaft nut and washer for the front sprocket I plan to do. Yamaha parts guy calls and says that Yamaha has it on backorder until April for the WR250X/R. Any other sources for this part? Thanks!

What happened to the original one?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Carbomb

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?   Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:56 am

Just a precaution in case I screw up the unpeening or repeening of the nut. Doesn't hurt to go with a new one though for the peace of mind, especially for $5.
Back to top Go down
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?   Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:29 am

I don't think mine was ever peened at the factory, and I've never peened it since.
Removed and re-used and never had an issue.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Carbomb

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?   Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:06 pm

motokid wrote:
I don't think mine was ever peened at the factory, and I've never peened it since.
Removed and re-used and never had an issue.

All good info. Makes me feel better about it! I'll probably just reuse this one then. Thanks
Back to top Go down
casto

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?   Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Yamaha sports plaza .com has them, I just got 2 in the mail a couple days ago.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?   Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:46 am

i concur with a little peening and blue loctite...
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?   Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:08 am

casto wrote:
Yamaha sports plaza .com has them, I just got 2 in the mail a couple days ago.

Well, I just went on their web site and can find no such part. I imagine you have to call them.
Back to top Go down
casto

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?   Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:16 am

You don't have to call them, it's just a bitch to find on their site if you don't know exactly where to look. It's part # 90179-18010-00 , number 29 on this page here- http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/OemParts?aribrand=YAM#/Yamaha/WR250R_-_WR25RXCL_-_2008/TRANSMISSION/WR25RXCL_(2008_MOTORCYCLE)/TRANSMISSION_(WR25RXCL_-_2008)
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?   Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:30 am

casto wrote:
You don't have to call them, it's just a bitch to find on their site if you don't know exactly where to look. It's part # 90179-18010-00 , number 29 on this page here- http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/OemParts?aribrand=YAM#/Yamaha/WR250R_-_WR25RXCL_-_2008/TRANSMISSION/WR25RXCL_(2008_MOTORCYCLE)/TRANSMISSION_(WR25RXCL_-_2008)

Thanks Castro. Never thought to try transmission....Daahh..
Back to top Go down
casto

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?   Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:35 am

mordicai wrote:

Thanks Castro. Never thought to try transmission....Daahh..

no prob. you might want to order a new chain slider from them too while your at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?   

Back to top Go down

Countershaft Nut on Backorder until April?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1