Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tool Kit - What to bring

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
IAmABug

Tool Kit - What to bring Empty
PostSubject: Tool Kit - What to bring   Tool Kit - What to bring EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:56 pm

I have recently picked up some ABS pipe, caps etc. I am going to mount a tool kit onto the R. I have been thinking it over and trying to decide what I should have in the kit. I am going to go out and buy proper wrenches etc to replace the ones that came with the stock kit, which I think is useless, but what else would be good to have in the kit???

Here are a few thoughts I have. Anyone else have specific things that they can't go without??

wrenches - 6->14mm
screw driver mutli set
allen keys
master link x2(Clip type)
electrical tape
cut up cloths hanger - 6" pieces (becuase you never know what may break/come apart and a steel cloths hanger is really tough).
assortment of bolts, nuts - long and short
first aid kit - basic one, tear a leg open or something hopefully the emerg isn't far away!!
tire repair kit

Thats my start, what are your thoughts as to a good kit. BTW I am using a chunk of 3" ABS 12" long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tool Kit - What to bring   Tool Kit - What to bring EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:22 pm

Spare tube, tire irons, and axle wrenches
Pressure gage and hand tire pump
tie wraps (better than wire in many casese)
Duct tape
Rag
Pliers and/or small vise grips
Knife
Back to top Go down
sewerat

PostSubject: Re: Tool Kit - What to bring   Tool Kit - What to bring EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:46 am

Vise grips, adjustable wrench. Those will take care of most bolts. Spare spark plugs. Wire cutters. Electrical tape fuses. Spare keys
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Tool Kit - What to bring   Tool Kit - What to bring EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:05 am

\in addition to the above - JB Weld, and maybe think of throwing in a couple feet of gas siphon hose tubing, hose clamp
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

PostSubject: Re: Tool Kit - What to bring   Tool Kit - What to bring EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Cuddly toy !
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Tool Kit - What to bring   Tool Kit - What to bring EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:15 pm

For most trail side fixes the stock toolkit is actually fairly useful. I tend to supplement rather than replace it. Bring extra allens in 2.5 4 5 6 and 8mm. Bring an 8mm socket to get the seat bolts and oil filter cover off. Bring a 12mm socket for the oil drain bolt. Tire levers and a valve stem tool too.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Tool Kit - What to bring   Tool Kit - What to bring EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:20 pm

Monkeynuts wrote:
Cuddly toy !

True, never know. When you may need a snuggle :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tool Kit - What to bring   Tool Kit - What to bring Empty

Back to top Go down

Tool Kit - What to bring
Page 1 of 1