Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Catalytic converter removal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alansz400

Catalytic converter removal Empty
PostSubject: Catalytic converter removal   Catalytic converter removal EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:59 pm

I know I saw a post some place showig how to cut out the catalytic coverter but couldnt find it today so I figured I would cut it open and figure it out. Well it turns out I cut the wrong place. I should have cut more toward the front so I could have cut the pipe off that the cat. is welded to. The way I did it I had to drill the cat. and then rip the rest out. Still worked out and I could drill a few holes in the baffle plate by making the cut where I did.

Catalytic converter removal 0224121234b

Catalytic converter removal 0224121234

Catalytic converter removal 0224121234a

Catalytic converter removal 0224121259

Hope this helps someone understand where to cut if you are thinking about doing this yourself. Alan
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Catalytic converter removal   Catalytic converter removal EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:15 pm

click me <-- here's more

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
alansz400

PostSubject: Re: Catalytic converter removal   Catalytic converter removal EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:12 pm

I should have cut at the arrows. Would have been better for getting the cat. out and less welding.

Catalytic converter removal 0224121259-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catalytic converter removal   Catalytic converter removal Empty

Back to top Go down

Catalytic converter removal
Page 1 of 1