Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear mud guard rubbing into swingarm

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bigg

bigg

Rear mud guard rubbing into swingarm Empty
PostSubject: Rear mud guard rubbing into swingarm   Rear mud guard rubbing into swingarm EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 2:15 pm

The rear mud guard that protects the rear shock from mud sprayed by the wheel is rubbing into my swingarm. The constant vibrations and bumpy driving I guess has caused a relatively big area where the paint has already been rubbed off and a slight groove is starting to form. And this is only after 5000 miles

[img]Rear mud guard rubbing into swingarm Immag022[/img]
[img]Rear mud guard rubbing into swingarm Immag023[/img]

To try to prevent even more damage I have taped a piece of very smooth cloth on the mud guard on the area it touches the swingarm. Do you think this could stop or at least improve the situation?
[img]Rear mud guard rubbing into swingarm Immag026[/img]
[img]Rear mud guard rubbing into swingarm Immag025[/img]

if it continues like it is now in 20,000 miles there is going to be like a 1cm deep groove in there eeek
Back to top Go down
duanew

Rear mud guard rubbing into swingarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear mud guard rubbing into swingarm   Rear mud guard rubbing into swingarm EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 2:52 pm

I noticed that too but I do not think that it is a big deal. If I was worried about it I would put a layer of JB Weld on the spot on the swingarm and wait until that wears through.
Back to top Go down

Rear mud guard rubbing into swingarm
Page 1 of 1