Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

No Stroker kit for me

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

No Stroker kit for me Empty
PostSubject: No Stroker kit for me   No Stroker kit for me EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:31 pm

The delay in production of Thumper Racing's stroker kit has given me plenty of time to consider whether or not I want to go to all of the trouble to install it, and after said consideration, I have decided to skip it. Splitting the cases exponentially increases the amount of difficulties I would encounter, so I'm not doing it.

Instead of the crank that I would have gotten, Travis has agreed to send me one of his 83mm 3-ring pistons instead. Since I have to tear down the top end to replace the leaky head and base gaskets anyway, I might as well replace the questionable Athena 2-ring piston with TR's lighter & tighter item.

The gaskets are here, just waiting for the piston to arrive. I haven't started the WR/X since late December. It will be nice to have it on the road again.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: No Stroker kit for me   No Stroker kit for me EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:35 pm

Awww. Now someone else has to be the guinea pig.

I'd love to do it, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to spend $1200...
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: No Stroker kit for me   No Stroker kit for me EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Stay tuned for the fully ported head! wink
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: No Stroker kit for me   No Stroker kit for me EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:48 am

lurk lurk lurk
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: No Stroker kit for me   No Stroker kit for me EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:18 am

Hoping you can get some nice pictures of old and new pistons as well as some of the work you have to do.

lurk

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: No Stroker kit for me   No Stroker kit for me EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:31 pm

BuilderBob wrote:
Stay tuned for the fully ported head! wink

I'd be interested to see a before and after dyno. I'm curious of the valves/cam are going to be a significant limitation or not.

Hell, I don't even know if there is room for oversize valves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Stroker kit for me   No Stroker kit for me Empty

Back to top Go down

No Stroker kit for me
Page 1 of 1