Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL

Go down 
+20
TinyL
simonpig
DeadmTrigger
StreetGhost
unoR
blueballSS
rodskies
ca18detsilvia
mix123
deep blue
Corndogs
f1isbest
Daamud
Monkeynuts
skierd
cryptomundo
Arkmage
mordicai
PYG RYDR
schottinipomo
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LordEndo

LordEndo

RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL   RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 8:07 pm

Boo....I would've been in.

I've bent my stock brake lever and the little pedal several times - so badly that it was looped back on itself once. But it straightens and now I've got it wired so it is at least a bit protected.....
Back to top Go down
4strokecowboy

PostSubject: Re: RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL   RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 9:05 am

Just to add to this, after taking the Johnny Lewis Supermoto Clinic a few weeks back, I wish there was a brake pedal that was either a) adjustable or b) sat lower. Being able to run a lower brake pedal would allow us to put light pressure on it when backing it in to a turn. With the stock height it's a bit more work.
Back to top Go down
tyrone

PostSubject: Re: RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL   RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL - Page 3 EmptySat May 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Are you sure the stock pedal isn't adjustable?  I think I remember lowering mine a couple years ago.  I don't like using any rear brake when I back it in.  I hit it by accident once and highsided.  
Mine sits about a half inch below the peg but I think my pegs are 5mm higher than stock.  I bent one of the stock ones pretty good after that highside.  Mine is probably adjusted as low as it will go.  If you want to go lower than that you need to get a thinner jam nut or grind the stock one down. I don't know how important the jam nut is, maybe you could just eliminate it.
Back to top Go down
4strokecowboy

PostSubject: Re: RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL   RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL - Page 3 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 7:56 pm

I'll have to take a look at the brake pedal tomorrow. I was looking for a threaded rod to adjust but there may be another way. Curious about backing it in without using any rear brake. Are you just spinning up the rear wheel (drifting)? The thing with backing it in is to lightly drag the rear break and get the back wheel to spin slower than the front which will cause the back end to slide in a controlled manner. Watching the pros do it is a thing of beauty.
Back to top Go down
tyrone

PostSubject: Re: RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL   RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL - Page 3 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 10:19 pm

I think you have to remove the clevis from the pedal and loosen the jam nut so you can spin the clevis and make it go higher. Some guys make the rod shorter if it interferes with the pedal. Might have to adjust the brake light switch.

When I back it in, I get on the front brake, pull in the clutch and bang down a couple gears. Then I let out the clutch and countersteer into the slide. If I let out the clutch too hard I get wheel hop; got to slip it a little. If I'm not on the front brake hard enough it doesn't always slide. Sometimes I brake too early and don't carry enough speed to do it. I don't have the skill to do it just by braking. I think 2 stroke riders have to do it that way, I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Bikerbiker

PostSubject: Re: RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL   RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 7:45 am

I'd buy one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL   RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

RIDERS INTREST IN WARP 9 BRAKE PEDAL
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2