Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR Clutch Mods/Aftermarket Parts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
silentwolf

silentwolf

WRR Clutch Mods/Aftermarket Parts Empty
PostSubject: WRR Clutch Mods/Aftermarket Parts   WRR Clutch Mods/Aftermarket Parts EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:54 am

I just fried my clutch after (well actually during...) a hare scramble. It looks like choices are EBC, Barnett and Yam for plates and the like. Anyone know of, or hear of any other aftermarket clutch products? I called Rekluse and they dropped their auto development as well it seems... Maybe a cross reference for Hinson?

I'm hoping to find something a little more HD than stock if there is such a thing. I know 9K isn't much, but between heavy stop and go traffic, highway miles and racing, I'm not sure the stock units are up to the task. (or my heavy hand.. Suspect )

Topics to consider:
I've read that other stronger YZ springs might be used.
Ditto for plates, Yam uses similar plates for other models..?
Benefits of carbon vs kevlar?
Effects of oil type?
Actual experience with aftermarket brand plates/parts?

Please, I know my clutch is toast (steel plates should not appear black anodized), and I know the cause. So I'm not trying to be cruel here, but I'm not really interested if your clutch is fine after 200K miles, just trying to source parts. thumb

Anyone with similar experiences?
Back to top Go down
eyty

WRR Clutch Mods/Aftermarket Parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR Clutch Mods/Aftermarket Parts   WRR Clutch Mods/Aftermarket Parts EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:19 am

I believe someone used Hinson Racing for a replacement clutch but had to call them for a kit. I can't find the post right now but will continue looking. Might have been in the mega thread on ADV.
Back to top Go down

WRR Clutch Mods/Aftermarket Parts
Page 1 of 1