Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Billet Cargo Rack Available

Go down 
+96
Klymax
wwguy
dicklane625
ToddDubya
kabulpostie
Leo167
manybikes
fijiman
speersie
voicecraft
MjrD
Jäger
sehah
twinrider
DWK
vodka
Wanderer
wjfawb0
PortlandWRider
nsrider
vnp514
jawn
TheCycle
AZNoob
Drifter Dave
f3joel
Lord Hornka
nolowatt
rsteiger
hyperboarder
raymondhenson
lineguy
dirtjunkie
bluzharp
rideblue
WR25RY
Wrex250
yamaMOTOyama
aw113sgte
nozzle
mordicai
Rusty Shovel
Crabbuckle
miniceptor86
Nine Ways
TinyL
jec
808BMW
sswrx
Opie
Sewcrates
StreetGhost
sikwilly
wristpin
Nanabijou
TrailDust&SaddleLthr
Rockmantex
Camdlux
xaman
Corndogs
Mr. Fisherman
oldmansurfing
Pokey
Alan Case
bracky72
derverla
paknet
nwbase
JustWannaRide
mcwbyu82
Brianr4
Monkeynuts
Blackdog
motocrossmann
zag300zx
Arkmage
croc
bmwrider1946
Curbhopper
Me2
WRXR
IAmABug
Gany
jkstehn
sturgeon
GsVs
jason meacham
lenzhotrod
Coop
craigq
gatorfan
PYG RYDR
yaw
motokid
Chrispy1200
Jnscaggs
100 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Pokey

Pokey

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Most excellent, you are very talented! I see one of these in my very near future, you modifying to the needs/wants of WR owners was very cool!
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Thank you! I keep telling my wife I need more motorcycles so that I can come up with more products to sell!

She's not buying it though
Back to top Go down
Pokey

Pokey

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Jnscaggs wrote:
Thank you! I keep telling my wife I need more motorcycles so that I can come up with more products to sell!

She's not buying it though

Sometimes better to ask for forgiveness instead of permission. deal
Back to top Go down
oldmansurfing

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:41 am

Received the large rack yesterday and installed in less than 20 minutes with after-market turn signals. It looks really good and can probably be used to tow your car if necessary. Super quick shipping and no instructions necessary. If you can't install this yourself, you probably shouldn't be filling your fuel tank alone. Great product ... if you need a rack get this one.

https://2img.net/h/i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/oldmansurfing/DSCN1538.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/oldmansurfing/DSCN1532.jpg

Last edited by oldmansurfing on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bracky72

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:04 pm

I love it! Thanks. thumb

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 Rearrack
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Rack with Givi E45NJ (cheapest 2 helmet givi)   New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:40 pm

For those that are still on the fence... here are some more pics at various angles so you can see the width etc. The top box does look a mile tall, but keep in mind that the rear tire is sitting about 6" higher than the front in these pics.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 6948910652_b568c2cf56
DSC_0194 by Noah_K_T, on Flickr

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 7094984339_6888e2173b
DSC_0195 by Noah_K_T, on Flickr

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 7094985663_b751ebc5b7
DSC_0196 by Noah_K_T, on Flickr

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 6948914444_3a972031f2
DSC_0197 by Noah_K_T, on Flickr

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 6948915912_d2d12f4cc2
DSC_0198 by Noah_K_T, on Flickr

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 7094989357_168015ed67
DSC_0199 by Noah_K_T, on Flickr

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 6948918188_c06d459b48
DSC_0200 by Noah_K_T, on Flickr

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 6948919458_de15f5326c
DSC_0201 by Noah_K_T, on Flickr

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 7094992849_5c0ed26dfd
DSC_0202 by Noah_K_T, on Flickr

Box holds 2 regular street helmets or one mx lid (yes it will close and latch in both configurations shown). This was a requirement for me because I intend to swap the box between bikes and my next purchase will be used for 2-up stuff. I also wanted to be able to carry my laptop and backpack when it's raining.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 7:42 am

Jnscaggs wrote:
Hey your lookin good!

Side note: I've been using the givi case and I really wish I would have done this 3 years ago when I first bought my wrx!

What size box is that?

Man, I wish your rack would have been around before I got mine.... I like mine but I want yours... that just sounds wrong... lol!
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:21 am

I think that must be the one of the 40 to 55 liter boxes since the helmets fit inside. I have been using a 36 Liter I borrowed from member Gsvs and it won't close with helmet inside but I wouldn't want anything bigger I don't think.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 10:27 am

Jnscaggs wrote:
I think that must be the one of the 40 to 55 liter boxes since the helmets fit inside. I have been using a 36 Liter I borrowed from member Gsvs and it won't close with helmet inside but I wouldn't want anything bigger I don't think.

Mine is an E45 so yeah, 45 liters.

I managed to get my backpack (with 17" widescreen engineering laptop), lunch box, a change of shoes, and some rain gear in the box on the way to work this morning with room to spare. It was nice not having to hang 20 lbs of crap off my back for once.
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Well after being asked many times and having my own frustration with wanting to have my racks anodized and no companies around that perform that service, I decided to take it on. I bought all the supplies to setup my own station in the garage. I did my first one tonight and it looks amazing. I was shooting for black but it looks more like a gunmetal/ charcoal color. I like it!
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:03 am

Post a pic, sounds very interesting! wink
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:14 pm

I should have some new pics up soon. I ordered dye today that is meant for anodizing. I used Rit fabric dye to get the resulting color that was intended to be black.
I ordered Black(which should actually make a black part), Orange, Blue, Red, Yellow, Lime Green and Olive Drab Green. After I get a little more experience with this maybe we can work out a deal for you guys that have already purchased racks from me.
I put it next to a bare aluminum piece that I am making for work for a better color comparison. Also I ran a countersink in the mounting hole counterbores to how it would look. I am in a pure experimental stage with this.
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 Arack_11
Back to top Go down
Curbhopper

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Very happy

Last edited by Curbhopper on Wed May 09, 2012 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:08 pm

How does it hold up? Probably scratches really easily? Did you invest in a powder coater yet wink
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:20 am

Well anodizing should be the most durable finish that can be had on aluminum. There is a company in town that does powder coating but that just doesn't interest me. While more durable than plain paint, It's not quite hard enough to be worth the trouble for me. Anodizing produces an aluminum oxide layer encasing the part in a shell that has a hardness and wear resistance similar to that of stainless steel. I am waiting for the dyes I ordered to arrive before I anodize any more racks, it should be less than a week or so....
Back to top Go down
bracky72

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:08 am

I just got my 1.75 gallon rotopax. Of course it mounts right up perfectly. :)

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 Rotopax
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: First True Black Anodized Rack   New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptySat May 05, 2012 1:20 pm

I finally received all my true anodizing dyes. Hooray! This is the first true black dyed rack.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 Black210
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 Black110

I have a BIG Rack in the Black dip at the moment so there will surely be more pictures to come. Also I may try a dark red and a Blue today.
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:29 am

bracky72 wrote:
Do you have the small rack?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:58 am

Jnscaggs wrote:
I finally received all my true anodizing dyes. Hooray! This is the first true black dyed rack.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 Black210
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 Black110

I have a BIG Rack in the Black dip at the moment so there will surely be more pictures to come. Also I may try a dark red and a Blue today.

Drool....
Back to top Go down
bracky72

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:45 am

WRXR wrote:
bracky72 wrote:
Do you have the small rack?

Yes the small rack.
Back to top Go down
Corndogs

PostSubject: rack   New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Just got mine in today, such a sweet piece.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:18 am

experiment with black anodize and polished face
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 Polish10
Back to top Go down
xaman

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:07 am

How'd the anodizing turn out? Are you prepared to offer it in black now? Cause that is Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:20 am

Yes the anodizing is going great I am selling anodized racks on eBay now for an additional $25. But I prefer going through the forum( eBay fees are rediculous).
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:26 am

I just ordered a Givi Trekker 46L case, I'll post up some pictures when I get it setup!!

Also I have a Big Rack that in a failed attempt to dye black came out a beautiful gunmetal grey color, It looks awesome but I don't think I could duplicate the color since it was an accident. So if anyone is interested in it please contact me. In the picture it is the one in the middle. Its between a clear anodized and Black anodized for color comparison and I can take more pictures if they are requested by someone. Also for reference there is nothing wrong with the anodizing itself, I just hadn't learned about UV exposure and its effects on coloring.(lesson learned - dying needs to happen in an opague container in the dark.)

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 3_rack10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Billet Cargo Rack Available
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next