Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Billet Cargo Rack Available

Go down 
+96
Klymax
wwguy
dicklane625
ToddDubya
kabulpostie
Leo167
manybikes
fijiman
speersie
voicecraft
MjrD
Jäger
sehah
twinrider
DWK
vodka
Wanderer
wjfawb0
PortlandWRider
nsrider
vnp514
jawn
TheCycle
AZNoob
Drifter Dave
f3joel
Lord Hornka
nolowatt
rsteiger
hyperboarder
raymondhenson
lineguy
dirtjunkie
bluzharp
rideblue
WR25RY
Wrex250
yamaMOTOyama
aw113sgte
nozzle
mordicai
Rusty Shovel
Crabbuckle
miniceptor86
Nine Ways
TinyL
jec
808BMW
sswrx
Opie
Sewcrates
StreetGhost
sikwilly
wristpin
Nanabijou
TrailDust&SaddleLthr
Rockmantex
Camdlux
xaman
Corndogs
Mr. Fisherman
oldmansurfing
Pokey
Alan Case
bracky72
derverla
paknet
nwbase
JustWannaRide
mcwbyu82
Brianr4
Monkeynuts
Blackdog
motocrossmann
zag300zx
Arkmage
croc
bmwrider1946
Curbhopper
Me2
WRXR
IAmABug
Gany
jkstehn
sturgeon
GsVs
jason meacham
lenzhotrod
Coop
craigq
gatorfan
PYG RYDR
yaw
motokid
Chrispy1200
Jnscaggs
100 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Just placed my order. Thanks for your help.
How fast can ya get it to Charlotte, NC ?
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:38 pm

I'll try to get it shipped out tomorrow morning which you should have it Saturday or Monday.
Back to top Go down
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:46 pm

Awesome.
Another Q: for ya. When someone asks me, and I know they will, "What kind of rack system is that?" or
"Who makes that rack on your bike?"
What do I tell them?
I can't just say some guy on the WRR/X Forum.
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:08 pm

You can tell them that they are made by a guy most people will have never heard of. Jared Scaggs, I don't have enough time or products to start a dedicated company yet. But if I do I'll send you all stickers! So just tell them it's custom and give 'em my email if they need something.
Back to top Go down
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:18 am

jkstehn wrote:
Jnscaggs wrote:
Looking good!

You did some real nice work. Beautifull machining. All the necessary pieces neatly packed in a bag. The smoothed and rounded edges of the spacers shows your attention to detail. Goes together quickly. Seat off with loosening 2 bolts, side panels off with loosening 2 bolts, rear fender slides off to the back after removing two bolts , drill out the holes in the spots molded into the bottom of the rear fender (thanks Yamaha) use either a round file or enlarge the holes to 1/2 inch if you have a bit that big. Smooth out the edges of the four holes with the aforementioned round file or sandpaper wrapped around a dowel or screwdriver. Remove the four bolts that hold the rear mudguard/rearlight holder/license plate mount whale tail monstrosity in place. Put the fender back on, bolt it down with two bolts. Put the four spacers in, put on the rack, drop the socket head bolts in the holes, wiggle until they catch threads in the whale tail bracket, tighten. Side panels on, find the bolts that you kicked under the canoes, Shog put them in, tighten. Seat on, two bolts, tighten. 1.5 hours with dinner and a frosty dutch beverage in the intermission.

Looks sweet.

Bumping this ^ post.
It took me about 1/2 an hour to 45 minutes tops. I only had a 7/32 bit, So it took me a little bit of time to make the holes big enough. This Rack looks SaWEET! I went all in and spent the extra cash on the Black / Polished rack.
I'll post up photos in a few days.
Jared does great work. Hands down the best rack I've seen for any bike, Ever. Spend your money on his rack. You wont be sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sewcrates

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Just ordered a small one on e-bay!
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:03 pm

I just wanted to thank everyone for the well over a hundred racks that you have purchased from me. I plan on continuing to sell these for as long as it's feasible to do so.

I had mentioned before that I was working on a kit for my FZ1 which would be compatible with '06-current models. It's finished and I think its pretty sweet. I wanted to show you guys a couple pictures and Thank you again for supporting my dream of making unique motorcycle accessories for many different bikes!

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 710 New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 610

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 810
Back to top Go down
Opie

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Are both racks compatible with Wolfman racks and expedition bags? From the look of it, the large rack might be too big (i.e. extend over the wolfman racks). Anybody tried this yet?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 4:45 pm

I don't know much about the wolfman racks or bags, I haven't used them personally. I think that the big rack would work better for bags overall because it has strap slots in the front and rear.

I also wanted to let anyone know who is interested in the Big Rack in non anodized form would have to contact me directly because I stopped listing them on eBay. I do still have them available. The price is $170 shipped in the US.

Also, any of you thinking of an anodized Rack may want to purchase before the winter sets in because I may stop anodizing until spring. Since I am anodizing in my garage, temperature will be an issue.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:52 am

Just wanted to also say that Jared's billet rack is the strongest & best looking one I've owned. His service is top notch & took care of my problem that I had with the anodizing on mine ASAP. Also if you buy from him it would benefit him more if you buy direct through this forum. When you buy his racks through FEEbay, 18% of the sale goes to them from fee charges. Gifting the payment will also save him money from Paypal charges if you wish to use that method. The more money he keeps in his pocket, the more he can invest into future rack designs & other accessories for us!
Back to top Go down
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Here is my Billet Cargo rack in action.

[img]New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Gopr1013[/img]
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:21 am

Your bike looks really nice! I wish that the knucks would have worked out!

I am posting because I wanted to announce that I am removing all the eBay listings for the winter except the non-anodized Slim Rack. Both Anodized and Non versions of the Big Rack and Slim Rack will continue to be available but you will have to contact me directly for delivery time-frame (maybe an additional 2-3 days over the normal for anodized racks). Like I had said before it is getting to cold to do anodizing in my garage, so I moved the setup to a much less convenient heated location.

Anyhow, to order any rack send me an email at JNSCAGGS@GMAIL.COM
Prices are

Slim Rack $130
Slim Rack Anodized Black $155
Big Rack $170
Big Rack Anodized Black $195
Back to top Go down
808BMW

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:16 am

Just got my rack in, it came so fast I was just itching to throw it on. Surprised how quickly I got it, even out in Hawaii. Easy as pie to install and looks great, was thinking about the rotopax storage case, anyone use one yet?

The black is so smooth
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Sumo_beach

Thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:11 am

A new picture was sent to me of a white WRx with a recently installed Big Rack, I liked the picture so I thought I would post it up! I love the white bodywork
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Wrx410
Back to top Go down
jec

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:23 am

Jared, you beat me to it; I was going to post the same picture! My WRx looks even better in the flesh with the big rack, and it fits perfectly even around the extra wide Fisher Seat. While I'm fair to middling with gadgetry and tools in general, the WRx is my first bike, so I assumed I'd run true to form and screw the project up twice before I got it right once. However, a quick email from Jared with simple instructions, a close look at rack, fender, and frame, and it all came together so quickly and easily that as I neared completion, I was suspicious in an "it's too quiet out there" sort of way. 30 minutes start to finish, tops.

I took the WRx in to the dealer for service this evening, and the service guys noticed - they ALL noticed - the rack. Lots of admiring comments; some asked if it was a Yamaha accessory because of the tuning fork logo. When the dealership guys start thinking your stuff is OEM, well, that pretty much says what you need to know about the quality of Jared's work, except for what I told them - it's not OEM, it's better!

Back to top Go down
TinyL

TinyL

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:34 am

Just sent a Email to you...great looking product! I will take a Large non-anodized please.
Back to top Go down
Nine Ways

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 7:01 pm

Hmm, I am also wondering how the big rack will look with a set of Wolfman side racks. I think there will be no clearance issues. As soon as I get mine installed I'll post up some pics.
Back to top Go down
TinyL

TinyL

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Received mine today...nice rack! Don't usually say that to guys Very happy

Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:21 pm

Hey Guys! I did a little one off slim rack where the anodizing kind of fades from a dark goldish color at the bottom into a nice black, but as you can see from the pictures it mostly just looks black. If you hold it in the light just right you can see the fade, not what I was going for but that's what experiments are all about! plus I think it looks really cool. I re-machined the chamfers and the tuning forks after anodizing to make it really pop. I am looking to sell it for $150 shipped if anyone is interested.

The picture is still deceiving because my body is putting the right side of the rack in a shadow, however the color is actually uniform from side to side.
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Slim_r10
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 pm

I wish you would stop posting photos of your rack. I don't need one and there is no way I would put any of these on mr r2. On the wall of my shop yes! They are too nice to get trashed stuffed under a bunch of gear, I'd have to carry my crap in a backpack like I do now!

Jim
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 3:21 pm

haha, ok I'm sorry! next time I drop one down a flight of stairs I'll let you know and I'll just give you that one.

You guys should see the walls in my garage! dear god, I have more cool looking failed protos and templates than I know what to do with.
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 5:24 pm

If they're anything like the stuff you been showin' here I'd be happy to loan you some wall space. And while I wouldn't put your rack on the back of the R2, the DL1000 V Strom has been bitchin up a storm about the pathetic collection of 1x1/4 aluminum bars I had the machine shop weld up and bolted down on the stocker for a wider platform.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Crabbuckle

Crabbuckle

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:48 pm

After reading some of these posts and looking at the obvious quality of construction,i couldn't take the pressure any longer. i had to cave in and order one of these. I know, i could have carved one out of an old canoe paddle or fashioned one from the remains of my old bio-mass converter, but put something shiny in front of me and i'm all butter.
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Hey everybody, I've got a one off gray anodized slim rack if anybody is interested. It's for sale of course, $155 in the US add $25 for Canada or $35 for anywhere else in the world. Send me a PM or email me at jnscaggs@gmail.com to purchase
It's the one in the middle, the black fz1 rack and plain rack are just for color reference. The color would match very well on an R model with the gray frame!

Thanks!
Jared

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Gray_s10
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 pm

Just ordered a large black anodized rack. I can't wait to install. I'll post picks as soon as it's done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Billet Cargo Rack Available
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next