Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Suggestions for 2 up riding.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jpkrass

Suggestions for 2 up riding. Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for 2 up riding.   Suggestions for 2 up riding. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 7:27 am

I'm going to be doing a 2 up trip on well maintained state forest roads this summer. It will be about 150 miles round trip. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions about comfort, preload setting or anything else that might be helpful.

Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for 2 up riding.   Suggestions for 2 up riding. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:04 am

My suggestion is buy a bigger bike for 2 up Very happy .

Seriously stock suspension is going to wallow with two people so it seems a waste to try and mod the suspension unless you plan to do a lot of these trips. At most could try playing with settings but I doubt you will be ableto dial it on with stock parts. I think the stock seat sucks so that might be an issue for your passenger. I plan to get a seat conceptsfoam and cover whenever my bank account recovers from buying my WRR a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for 2 up riding.   Suggestions for 2 up riding. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Check the owners manual. There is a recommended rear shock setting and tire pressure for 2-up if I recall.
Back to top Go down
jpkrass

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for 2 up riding.   Suggestions for 2 up riding. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

A seat concepts foam and cover are on my list also. That with my alaska leather butt pad should help the backside a bit. We do quite a bit of 2 up around town and the bike seems to handle it pretty well. Nice and slow with frequent stops is going to be our plan. I'm sure we are going to have a blast. Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for 2 up riding.   Suggestions for 2 up riding. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Good luck with the trip. Post up Pix.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for 2 up riding.   Suggestions for 2 up riding. Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for 2 up riding.
Page 1 of 1