Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My low cost modded seat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
josh

My low cost modded seat Empty
PostSubject: My low cost modded seat   My low cost modded seat EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:42 pm

I must tell you, I loved the Mayers touring seat for my first WRX. But just thought I would experiment a bit. I was taking the back protector out of one of my old jackets and noted it was shaped like something you could sit on and looked similar to a airhawk pad. Since I already had my "MadCow" Alaska Leather seatcover, I took velcro and sandwiched the backsupport between the stock seat and the fur and presto........Magic Carpet Ride. Raises me up a good inch, but air flow is outstanding and it feels like Butter for a couple hundred miles. wings Just will have to mod it for looks a bit more and I think I have a awesome long distant alternative. So go find that throw away protective jacket and pull that spine pad out and see if you could have a similar result. It couldn't hurt... thumb

My low cost modded seat WP_000141

My low cost modded seat WP_000600
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: My low cost modded seat   My low cost modded seat EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:22 pm

Is that the same bike? Suspect
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: My low cost modded seat   My low cost modded seat EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:26 pm

No....The black one is my first. I'm still working on the blue one. Will post pics when done.
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: My low cost modded seat   My low cost modded seat EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:52 am

The back support of my jacket playing double duty. Works very well

My low cost modded seat WP_000634

My low cost modded seat WP_000633
Back to top Go down
Corycy

PostSubject: Re: My low cost modded seat   My low cost modded seat EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:16 am

Great idea Josh.
Off topic question thought. Is that highway pegs on your skid plate? I have really long legs, so that would be nice on longer ride. If you made I would like to know how. If you bought it I would like to know where.
Your bike looks great. Good job!
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: My low cost modded seat   My low cost modded seat EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:43 am

Corycy wrote:
Great idea Josh.
Off topic question thought. Is that highway pegs on your skid plate? I have really long legs, so that would be nice on longer ride. If you made I would like to know how. If you bought it I would like to know where.
Your bike looks great. Good job!

Good Morning Corycy

The highway pegs are fantastic for the long ride or commute. Not only do they allow for leg adjustments but also allow you to shift positions in your seat. If you notice , my seat is a Mayers seat. Extremely comfortable but still having the ability to "move around" is very nice. The pegs are from Happy-Trails.com and are very inexpensive. The only negative is your friends (purist) are going to feed you a ton of S##T. While they maybe right you'll be so comfortable it won't matter much bannana
I do have a pair that I haven't installed yet. I've debated selling but know it's one of those really low cost items that I would miss not having baldy Get a pair. Get a second inexpensive skid plate and attach. You can rotate the set up depending upon need. Great bike

My low cost modded seat WP_000087

My low cost modded seat WP_000088

Even had a pair on my DRZ wink But nothing can make a DRZ comfortable poser2

My low cost modded seat IMG_2477-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My low cost modded seat   My low cost modded seat Empty

Back to top Go down

My low cost modded seat
Page 1 of 1