Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

G'day from Sydney Australia

Go down 
+2
YamWOW!
Skip
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Skip

G'day from Sydney Australia Empty
PostSubject: G'day from Sydney Australia   G'day from Sydney Australia EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 2:13 am

Hi all,

I have an 08 R2 that I picked up unregoed from a repo auction with 1400kms on the clock for a steal. It "was"stock standard but had been flipped over in an accident. I had to replace a couple indicators and the headlight surround but thats it.

I have just finished reading the 350 odd page review at ADV. Very happy That took some reading.

I managed to put rego on the bike this week and also finally got my bike licence as I thought I better get legal for once. I have only been around the block half a dozen times so far. I am going for the maiden voyage this Sunday with some mates up at the Wattagans Forest just North of Sydney. Cant wait.

I tinker (or farkle?) up most things I own and have so far gone to a 12th front gear, alloy bars, barkbusters, and nobby tyres. Next cash up will be a FMF controller, airbox open up and an exhaust (thinkng of making one from a YZ or so).

My previous rides were an 82 XL250R, 03 XR400, plus numerous 80's from the younger days.

Hope I can contribute as I progress with my build.

Cheers,

Alec (Sydney Australia).
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney Australia   G'day from Sydney Australia EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:58 am

Welcome! thumb

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney Australia   G'day from Sydney Australia EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:12 am

Welcome to the pack, Skip! thumb You'll have a bit of chopping and bending to do with the YZ can. You could PM Bubba and ask him; he's already done that to his.

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney Australia   G'day from Sydney Australia EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:21 am

Took the R2 out for its first spin today cheers

I am impressed. Like everyone says, not a heap of torque, but keep it up in the revs and the bike hoons. Does exactly what I wanted from a bike. I ride 99% in the forests trying mainly for single tracks.

Only 2 things to do in the short term:
Soften the front shocks (fiddled the rear allready)
Put a 46 or 48 tooth sprocket on the rear

Then ride it, and ride it some more... Another happy R2 customer here freaky
Back to top Go down
lancek

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney Australia   G'day from Sydney Australia EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:54 am

Hey Skip I have read that you have been making some mods to your bike, what mods have you made and where have you sourced your parts from?

Loving the bike... cant wait to open it up - only just reached 300k's!!
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney Australia   G'day from Sydney Australia EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:12 am

Welcome, HI!

*sorry i missed yeah
Back to top Go down
Skip

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney Australia   G'day from Sydney Australia EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:02 pm

lancek wrote:
Hey Skip I have read that you have been making some mods to your bike, what mods have you made and where have you sourced your parts from?

Loving the bike... cant wait to open it up - only just reached 300k's!!

Mods to date:
Replaced bars with Tommeseli alloys and no name barkbusters.
Alloy bash plate.
Screwed the airbox flapper down.
12/48/ chain gear replacement
Dirt tyres.
Tossed the number plate hang down thing, Made my own from a bent bit of alloy plate like the forum picture above. (My bike looks the same as the forum header pic above except for the blue disc guardand the frame etc is black).

All parts except the bash plate came from Metropolitan Wreckers in Silverwater Sydney.
Bash plate came from Ballards.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney Australia   G'day from Sydney Australia EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:51 pm

Welcome Skip, sounds like you have a good start on a good bike. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney Australia   G'day from Sydney Australia Empty

Back to top Go down

G'day from Sydney Australia
Page 1 of 1