Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

GYTR Pipe

Go down 
+3
Chadx
SheWolf
WR250Roundrock
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WR250Roundrock

WR250Roundrock

GYTR Pipe Empty
PostSubject: GYTR Pipe   GYTR Pipe EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 10:18 pm

Alright guys, I've gotten some great info on this forum, but now I have a question. I've read every single thread I can find on the Internet about aftermarket pipes, and can't satisfy myself on this simple question. If I get a GYTR (or any other brand for that matter) slip-on pipe for my WRR, will it foul up the engine to run it with just a pipe and not a programmer?

BTW, my local Yamaha dealer where I bought the bike seems to be useless about modifications. Thanks for any thoughts!

-Scott
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

GYTR Pipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR Pipe   GYTR Pipe EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 10:58 pm

Don't get a pipe without the programmer...the bike comes lean stock and you'll only lean it out more. I've heard that the Leo might be able to go without the programmer but quite honestly, myself, I wouldn't want to take the risk.

GYTR Pipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR Pipe   GYTR Pipe EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 5:04 pm

Not to mention there is very little performance gain by adding a new can without a programmer and/or airbox mod. It's pretty much a waste of money that does nothing but make more noise without any useful power gains. There really isn't any reason to do only the can. Use the money for more useful mods. You've probably done some of this already, as have I, but all of these are higher on the list for me, personally, than louder exhaust: (skid plate, chain and sprockets, better tires, aftermarket bars and hand guards, luggage racks and bags, front and rear brake disc guards, radiator guard, LED turn signals, aftermarket seat, GPS mount and GPS, more or replacement riding gear like boots, elbow, shoulder, spine, knee armor, helmet, gloves, pants, jackets, jerseys, etc).
Back to top Go down
WR250Roundrock

WR250Roundrock

GYTR Pipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR Pipe   GYTR Pipe EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:24 pm

Thanks guys. That's the deal. I'm aching to do some power mods, but I'm not sure it's worth it unless it's really gonna add a kick in the pants. Already done and working on some of the ones you've mentioned.
Back to top Go down
raven1

GYTR Pipe Empty
PostSubject: GYTR PIPE   GYTR Pipe EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi everyone, i am just about to lay down the cash on a new WR250R but was curious about whether or not the GYTR pipe required fuel tuning. So i emailed Yamaha Australia who confirmed that no additional fuel remapping is required when installing the GYTR pipe. I did not mention all of the other modifications that can be made as I am not interested in changing the bike that much, just the sound.
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

GYTR Pipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR Pipe   GYTR Pipe EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 3:48 am

raven1 wrote:
Hi everyone, i am just about to lay down the cash on a new WR250R but was curious about whether or not the GYTR pipe required fuel tuning. So i emailed Yamaha Australia who confirmed that no additional fuel remapping is required when installing the GYTR pipe. I did not mention all of the other modifications that can be made as I am not interested in changing the bike that much, just the sound.

That is because the Australian bike has an oxygen sensor which maps the fuel its self but a programer should increase power more.
Back to top Go down
wilburj

wilburj

GYTR Pipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR Pipe   GYTR Pipe EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 11:29 am

I am curious about the power gains made with the addition of pipes and fuel maps. The graphs I have seen show all the hp and most of the torque gains in the upper end of the rpm range. It's nice to have more power, but if you are not running at the upper levels of the rpm range what possible good are they, especially when the cost of doing it is close to a grand. If there are some graphs floating around that show some power gains especially torque gained in lower to mid rpm I would be very interested to see them. wilburj
Back to top Go down
Max Pwr

Max Pwr

GYTR Pipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR Pipe   GYTR Pipe EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:19 am

wilburj wrote:
I am curious about the power gains made with the addition of pipes and fuel maps. The graphs I have seen show all the hp and most of the torque gains in the upper end of the rpm range. It's nice to have more power, but if you are not running at the upper levels of the rpm range what possible good are they, especially when the cost of doing it is close to a grand. If there are some graphs floating around that show some power gains especially torque gained in lower to mid rpm I would be very interested to see them. wilburj
A way to achieve more power in the meat of the rev range is to add an EFI porgrammer with a duel ingition curve switch, or so I have heard. This essentially means that you have a 'bar mounted two position switch which enables you to switch between, say, a high speed power curve and a low-down torque power curve for the snotty stuff..... All the mags in Australia say this is an effective way to emulate the torque you might find in a larger donk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GYTR Pipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR Pipe   GYTR Pipe Empty

Back to top Go down

GYTR Pipe
Page 1 of 1