Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Want to X my R

Go down 
+2
Monkeynuts
Claus22
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Claus22

Want to X my R Empty
PostSubject: Want to X my R   Want to X my R EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:22 pm

I would like to finally get a set of supermoto wheels for my R. I would like to be able to swap from R to X and back with as little work as possible. Is there a post on this subject? Can R hubs be laced up to X rims? Any help would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

Want to X my R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to X my R   Want to X my R EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:35 pm

I had some wheels made up, put the same size sprocket on them to make a swop easy. The fork slider cover will need to be trimmed so that when they go down on their stroke, they don't get trapped between the fork and tyre ! It just needs a jigsaw and a little bit patience.Want to X my R 01fdbccfWant to X my R 3e0df5d2Want to X my R B9b7371dWant to X my R 1c997c6b
Back to top Go down
skierd

Want to X my R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to X my R   Want to X my R EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:06 pm

There are several posts on the subject.

The easiest way to have both wheels and do the conversion is to have Warp 9 or Wheeling Cycle Supply or someone else build you a set of 17" wheels with the front being based off the R hub and brake rotor. Then all you have to do is swap wheels and adjust the chain.

Another option is to find a set of stock X wheels, or an aftermarket set based around the X hub and front rotor, and swap to the X front brake assembly. A little more involved as you'll have to change front brakes every time too, unless you have a 21" wheel laced up around the X hub/front brake, and keep the bigger X rotor and caliper on all the time.

Personally, I'd find an X owner who wants to swap wheels and front brakes, do the swap, and have Warp 9 build me a set of dirt wheels based around the X setup. The stock X hub is very cool, and the bigger X front brake is so much better than the R brake.

Back to top Go down
Claus22

Want to X my R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to X my R   Want to X my R EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:38 pm

Will an X caliper bolt straight on to the R fork? Dose someone sell a X rotor that will bolt to a R front hub?
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

Want to X my R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to X my R   Want to X my R EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Claus22 wrote:
Will an X caliper bolt straight on to the R fork? Dose someone sell a X rotor that will bolt to a R front hub?

Yes

No/Sort of.... someone had a rotor made but it was crazy expensive and not a normal stock item anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

Want to X my R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to X my R   Want to X my R EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:33 pm

skierd wrote:

Personally, I'd find an X owner who wants to swap wheels and front brakes, do the swap...

Good luck with that. I have been trying to find someone to trade with since I bought my R lol.
Back to top Go down
J.f

Want to X my R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to X my R   Want to X my R EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Monkeynuts wrote:
I had some wheels made up, put the same size sprocket on them to make a swop easy. The fork slider cover will need to be trimmed so that when they go down on their stroke, they don't get trapped between the fork and tyre ! It just needs a jigsaw and a little bit patience.

Could you post who made them for you... Interested in doin this but struggling for info in the uk
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

Want to X my R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to X my R   Want to X my R EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:06 am

You can either go through http://www.missionmx.co.uk/Talon-Signature-Motocross-Wheel-Info.html or straight to the horses mouth by contacting Simon worner at simon@talon-eng.co.uk. Give them the information about what you want and they will sort it for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Want to X my R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to X my R   Want to X my R Empty

Back to top Go down

Want to X my R
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sweet Mods & Bike Accessories-
Jump to: