Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Welcome from London

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
edteamslr

edteamslr

Welcome from London Empty
PostSubject: Welcome from London   Welcome from London EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 11:36 am

Hi Everyone. Got myself a lovely Canadian WR² yesterday. Needs it 1000km service then it's time for bashplate, new barkbusters and large tank from aqualine. After that some of the WR² mods to lighten and energise the new toy.

I'm based over here in the UK, just outside London. I have an XT660R in the garage along with a CCM404e (british bike with DRZ400e engine). 2007/8 I did a trip from UK to CapeTown, South Africa on an Africa Twin with a mate of mine - Brighton 2 Capetown. Clips on Youtube/b2c2007.

I've bought the WR² to go to Siberia on. Leaving spring next year.
Back to top Go down
eastcoastzigzag

eastcoastzigzag

PostSubject: Re: Welcome from London   Welcome from London EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 1:56 pm

nice man enjoy and good luck! look into a corbin seat if your going to be long distance.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Welcome from London   Welcome from London EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:22 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Welcome from London   Welcome from London EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:49 pm

Welcome !

So how did you come by a Canadian WR in London ?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Welcome from London   Welcome from London EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:50 pm

Welcome to the pack! Always good to see some overseas guys get in on the action. thumb Feel free to help yourself to the beer fridge and the mud pit out back. Very happy

edteamslr

PostSubject: long story   Welcome from London EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:32 pm

The bike is Canadian because a Polish bloke was visiting a mate in Canada and wanted to do some trails. Someone he met mentioned some old boy was trying to sell a WR250 for a very cheap rate. I think he was hoping for a 250F but the deal was so good he got his mate to import it into the UK through his bike shop. He then used it for a bit and realised the UK really is rubbish for offroading (esp. near London) so he sold it. He messed up his ebay listing and no one came to see it so I persuaded him to end it early for an agreeable price. Next thing I know, I've got a WR250R in my garage. Result!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome from London   Welcome from London Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome from London
Page 1 of 1