Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front brake pressure build up.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spun220

Front brake pressure build up. Empty
PostSubject: Front brake pressure build up.   Front brake pressure build up. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 pm

Just wondering if anybody out there has noticed anything like this on there bike. Last season my front brake lever became hard to squeeze. It feels like pressure has built up, but it still works fine. It has been like this for months, no problem except being hard to squeeze. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: Front brake pressure build up.   Front brake pressure build up. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:05 pm

More info please.

Does the wheel spin free when you do not apply pressure?

Did you wipe out?

Over tighten pivot bolt?

Try lossening the pivot bolt yet?
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Front brake pressure build up.   Front brake pressure build up. EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:36 am

sounds like you had an air bubble that worked it's way out.
Back to top Go down
Spun220

PostSubject: Re: Front brake pressure build up.   Front brake pressure build up. EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:32 pm

the tire spins freely but the brake has rubbed a little from day 1. i bought it new from a yamaha dealer. i dont think it was from a wipeout, I just noticed one morning that the lever felt much stiffer to pull. i have tried adjusting the lever but that has not worked. this is my first bike and im not a vary good mechanic. To me it feels like pressure has built up for some reason. Im not sure if it is normal for a new brake system to have this happen. So i was just wondering if this had happend to anyone else. i have it booked in to the dealer to have it checked out. Dont want it failing on the road. Thanks for the replies.
Back to top Go down
NihonWRX

PostSubject: Re: Front brake pressure build up.   Front brake pressure build up. EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 1:48 am

Sounds like the calliper is binding/jamming especially if it is rubbing.
Have a shop disassemble the calliper and clean the piston, maybe replace the seal
then re-bleed the brake.

There is an issue that can happen when a bike is dropped where fluid gets behind the piston
in the master cylinder, or it can happen where the reservoir is overfilled. This causes pressure to build up
and eventually the wheel to lock. But as you say the wheel is spinning freely other than a slight rub. I would not suspect this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front brake pressure build up.   Front brake pressure build up. Empty

Back to top Go down

Front brake pressure build up.
Page 1 of 1