Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New guy from the army.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WRRnate

New guy from the army. Empty
PostSubject: New guy from the army.   New guy from the army. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:42 pm

My name is nate and i just bought my wrr a couple weeks ago. So far I am loving it. It's really nice to only pay 6 bucks in gas every couple of days. But thats not the only reason I got one. I use to have a drz400 when i was younger and did a lot of trail riding. I basically wanted that experience again and that freedom I get while I ride.

Well other than that there a couple of mods/accessories I would like to add but don't know what I should do second. I say that because I want to get that touring seat first from seat concepts. And is there an exhaust out there that will sit much lower so that I might be able to put a side bag on that side. If anyone has done this I would really like to know how. Thanke

WRRnate
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: New guy from the army.   New guy from the army. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Welcome Nate.

All the aftermarket exhausts sit roughly in the same spot. There are options for heat shields that have proven to work well. Some folks use hose clamps to mount the stock heat shield, others use bent up license plates, still others have bought fancy aftermarket stuff. As long as you have roughly a 1" air gap your bag should survive. Aftermarket cans don't get nearly as hot as the stock pipe since they don't have the catalytic converter in them.
Back to top Go down
WRRnate

PostSubject: Re: New guy from the army.   New guy from the army. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:03 pm

thanks a lot man. Can you suggest an exhaust?
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: New guy from the army.   New guy from the army. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:15 pm

I've got the GYTR because I intended to keep the stock heat shield.

I got mine used and the riv-nuts were FUBAR so after 6 months with no heat shield I just cut the mounts off and repainted the unit.

If I had to do it again I'd probably get an FMF Q Power as they are about the most quiet aftermarket can available. My GYTR isn't "too loud", but it certainly is loud.

If you like a real loud pipe the delta barrel 4 and the yoshi cans seem to be popular choices.
Back to top Go down
WRRnate

PostSubject: Re: New guy from the army.   New guy from the army. EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:03 am

well thanks again. I think I might get the fmf. I like the quietness.
Back to top Go down
jkstehn

PostSubject: Big Welcome from a Coastie   New guy from the army. EmptyFri May 11, 2012 3:00 pm

WRRnate wrote:
My name is nate and i just bought my wrr a couple weeks ago. So far I am loving it. It's really nice to only pay 6 bucks in gas every couple of days. But thats not the only reason I got one. I use to have a drz400 when i was younger and did a lot of trail riding. I basically wanted that experience again and that freedom I get while I ride.

Well other than that there a couple of mods/accessories I would like to add but don't know what I should do second. I say that because I want to get that touring seat first from seat concepts. And is there an exhaust out there that will sit much lower so that I might be able to put a side bag on that side. If anyone has done this I would really like to know how. Thanke

WRRnate

Welcome Nate.

Just got the Seat Concepts seat myself. Wish I had done it sooner! Only have gotten one ride in but wow what a difference. One things that surprised me was that the width of the seat changes enough that I will need to adjust the suspension height again so that I can get both feet back solidly on the ground.

Where are you stationed? Maybe we can gather some others and get a Joint Services ride. LOL

Jonathan
Coast Guard Air Station Los Angeles/Los Angeles Air Force Base/Base Los Angeles-Long Beach
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: New guy from the army.   New guy from the army. EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:25 pm

Welcome to the site!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy from the army.   New guy from the army. Empty

Back to top Go down

New guy from the army.
Page 1 of 1