Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello from Huasna, CA.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WR250PDX

WR250PDX

Hello from Huasna, CA. Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Huasna, CA.   Hello from Huasna, CA. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Hello everyone. I finally registered and look forward to all the stories and info your forum has to offer. I've only had my bike for about 4 months. I'm badly in need of new tires so I'm posted until then. Thanks to Motokid and all the info he's posted on the Distanzia tires I'll be ordering some at the end of the week. I can't wait to get back on the road, but until then I'll settle for all the reading here. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huasna, CA.   Hello from Huasna, CA. EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:06 am

Hi there and welcome. thumb
You will like it here. Lots of good info like that thread about the X tires. And nice folks too.
I am up for new shoes soon and will probably go for distanzias too. Let us know what you think of them. Will you be putting them on yourself?

andaahh...

Hello from Huasna, CA. This+thread+is+worthless+without+pics1204414714
Back to top Go down
WR250PDX

WR250PDX

PostSubject: Picture   Hello from Huasna, CA. EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:11 pm

I don't think I will be putting the tires on myself but I am going to attempt to remove the wheels to take them to the shop where I'm buying the tires from. To be honest I don't know if I will even do that, I may just take it in and have them do it. It's only 70 more dollars and at least I'll know it was done right. I feel like I'm able to do it but its what you don't know you don't know that gets you, so I'm up in the air about it. Do you do your own tires? Any advise?
Hello from Huasna, CA. Imag0010

Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huasna, CA.   Hello from Huasna, CA. EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Nicely chopped fender thumb !

And welcome!
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huasna, CA.   Hello from Huasna, CA. EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:52 pm

I haven't tried replacing tires myself but there are some good youtube movies here. It might be a bit of a challenge to do it so spending $70 might be a good idea, which is probably what you will need to spend anyway for the tools to do it yourself. I noticed that my rear tire is balanced too so I will probably go that route. Problem is that if I buy the tires at the local shop, they are more expensive the buying them online and I am not sure if they are happy if I buy the tires somewhere else and ask them to put them on.

Nice WR by the way. Are you planning any other mods?
Back to top Go down
WR250PDX

WR250PDX

PostSubject: Mods   Hello from Huasna, CA. EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:01 am

I'll be honest. I didn't even know that my bike had the mods it does until I started seeing other bikes on this forum. I bout it used and the previous owner had all the existing work done to it. Lucky me I suppose. I've been thinking about painting it or wrapping it with some vinyl. I have a vinyl plotter so I can do pretty much anything with graphics. I just ordered two new tires and tubes. I can't wait until Tuesday when they will be on the bike. I want different mirrors or at least re arrange them to not be so bulky. What type of modifications are out there? Anything you suggest?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huasna, CA.   Hello from Huasna, CA. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Huasna, CA.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: