Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oic0

oic0

I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.  Empty
PostSubject: I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.    I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Ever get that feeling like its getting harder and harder to go the speed limit? I blame it a lot on the other cars. A lot of 35mph zones in my commute and all of the cars go about 50 in em. I hate having someone on my ass so I try to go with the flow. Other than that though, It just overall feels like its getting harder to follow the law :( I want to run free! and I keep seeing cops galore. I really need a high speed off road ride or some track time etc... to get this out of me. Coulda got popped 3 or 4 times in the past week (more than 10 over), but the cops chose to ignore me luckily. Double bad because its so hard to tell whos behind you with these shit mirrors.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.    I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:24 pm

I find it pretty hard to follow the speed limit as well (well depends on the day). But thank god the speedo is 7% over! thumb

Thank god there isn't too much police around here, (there's plenty but they don't do many speed checks). Plus in germany the speed traps (the fixed ones) only snap from the front so motorbikes are safe wings

Still every time I go over to Austria I get checked like twice a day... was lucky till now Very happy Very happy

I feel like it depends a lot on the mood. Some mornings I take it slow, drive under speed limit, change early etc, and on other days I'm blasting with 100 km/h into the roundabout and driving at the limiter... Shog

At least no ticket yet freaky
Back to top Go down
Elessar

Elessar

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.    I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:29 pm

I have the same disease but I don't think any high speed track time or off-road work is gonna fix it. The only thing I think will slow me down is a get-off or the idea of getting hurt, maybe. I've been running about 10+ but it's just gotta catch up with ya, sooner or later...
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.    I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:33 pm

I only ride off road. No speed traps.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.    I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:31 pm

I can relate... in my case it's mostly out of frustration due to slow drivers. Most of my commute is 45 mph but traffic moves at 30 mph for no particular reason. I can usually maintain around 60 mph and do.

*edit* probably best to acknowledge that this is not a safe bet.... stupid pricks will change lanes frequently so they can go 2mph faster than the cat in front of them and sometimes you'll get a close call
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.    I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.  EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Down here cops will stop basically anything doing more than 10 over. Under 10 is piddly tickets like 30 or 40 bucks. At 11 it jumps to 120 and steadily rises. Course I got an 11 over from a state trooper and that rang up $240 as they get to charge extra. Easy in my truck as I just set cruise control at about 9 over. On the bike though, though, not only is there no cruise control, you cant even see the speedometer unless you physically look almost straight down :(

Arkmage wrote:
I can relate... in my case it's mostly out of frustration due to slow drivers. Most of my commute is 45 mph but traffic moves at 30 mph for no particular reason. I can usually maintain around 60 mph and do.

*edit* probably best to acknowledge that this is not a safe bet.... stupid pricks will change lanes frequently so they can go 2mph faster than the cat in front of them and sometimes you'll get a close call

I've never related Houston to slow drivers lol. Everytime I've been there everyone drove like a taxi driver on meth. Also the first time Ive ever seen a goth... or an emo.... Interesting place... Here we just have ghetto trash and rednecks.

Last edited by oic0 on Sat May 12, 2012 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.    I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.  EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:37 pm

True that about the speedo, but I think it's a trait of all bikes (the ones I've been on anyway).

I remember an encounter (in Asutria, where else?), of going into a pretty nice sweeping turn, no idea how fast I was going when mid corner I see the police checking my speed. Of course I couldn't just look down at my speed half way through the corner so I just stared at the guy. Luckily he only raised his eyebrow so I think I was very close to the limit Very happy
Only later I realized I had done half the turn without looking at the road but at the police officer Shog my heart was pumping after that lol.

At least the fuel light is very bright and I always immediately notice it. My scooter I drove when I was younger had the fuel gauge at what felt like feet level scratch scratch It was pretty much impossible to check unless stopped haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.    I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.  Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm going to get a ticket... I just know it.
Page 1 of 1