Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

HID ballast placement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nwbase

HID ballast placement Empty
PostSubject: HID ballast placement   HID ballast placement EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Hey Ya'll

I was wondering where is the BEST place to mount the HID ballast? I recently purchased a used bike and it came with a remote ballast that was ziptied poser2 to the frame behind the headlight on the steering post column. The ziptie has broken and there are significant wear marks on the frame. I can't seem to find a good place or a better way to mount it in it's current spot.

I did a thread search but came up with no results, any help would be appreciated cheers

C-Ya !

Back to top Go down
oh2RideMore

PostSubject: velcro   HID ballast placement EmptySat May 12, 2012 10:30 am

Used industrial 3M velcro to hold mine to top of fairing above headlight, but I will warn you that the HID lights are known to erode the headlight basket coating. Switching to a linx or squadron headlight soon as my stocker is near wore away in corners from my aftermarket HID bulb. Have heard it is the UV spectrum of these bulbs, but not sure.
Back to top Go down
nwbase

PostSubject: Re: HID ballast placement   HID ballast placement EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I will look up there and see if mounting it there makes more sense.

What is the basket coating? Any other good options for headlight bulbs using the stock system?? I run some hyper blue bulbs in my cbr 1000rr and they are great!

C-ya !
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: HID ballast placement   HID ballast placement EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:30 pm

mine was ziptied to the lower triple tree with a sheet of rubber under it to help hold it in place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HID ballast placement   HID ballast placement Empty

Back to top Go down

HID ballast placement
Page 1 of 1