Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

What not to do when changing your fuel tank

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dysco

PostSubject: What not to do when changing your fuel tank   Fri May 11, 2012 11:55 pm

The fuel line from the tank to the rail is unidirectional. Not installing the orange end to the fuel rail can result in a kinked line and decreased fuel flow. I installed my tank 3 to 5k miles before this happened, but I normally ride well above 5k feet. The failure happened at sea level after around 30 miles on the throttle stop.

This was my mistake, 100%. Just a heads-up for anyone out there who doesn't usually bother with reading the directions too carefully. I found a used cylinder and piston on this board and the local Yamaha shop did the swap for a very reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

PostSubject: Re: What not to do when changing your fuel tank   Sat May 12, 2012 4:25 am

Whoa. After that I'd have gone big bore. Just sayin'.

I'll be sure to pay close attention to how things come apart when the time comes that I take it all apart.
Back to top Go down
dysco

PostSubject: Re: What not to do when changing your fuel tank   Sat May 12, 2012 12:32 pm

pbnut wrote:
Whoa. After that I'd have gone big bore. Just sayin'.

I'll be sure to pay close attention to how things come apart when the time comes that I take it all apart.
I had to do the repair on the cheap or not fix it at all. It came in about $350 cheaper than a big bore kit.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

PostSubject: Re: What not to do when changing your fuel tank   Sat May 12, 2012 2:19 pm

That's a bummer.
GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What not to do when changing your fuel tank   

Back to top Go down

What not to do when changing your fuel tank
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: General Maintenance Discussion-
Jump to: