Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Taking off radiator plastic vent?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
powpow

Taking off radiator plastic vent? Empty
PostSubject: Taking off radiator plastic vent?   Taking off radiator plastic vent? EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:05 pm

So I bent my radiator a while ago and had to replaced the fan. The only time it overheats is when I am doing hill climbs in 1-2nd gear. I think there is like 5 plastic vents in front of the radiator, 2 of them are bent and touching each other. Should I just remove the plastic vents. I have no idea why they would put those things at that much of an angle, I am no engineer so I can't talk to much shit, but they seem to be restricting air flow.

Have any of you taken off those vents/shroud (dont know what to call them) things?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Taking off radiator plastic vent? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking off radiator plastic vent?   Taking off radiator plastic vent? EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:37 pm

The vertical grille in front of the radiator is there to protect the radiator vanes from things being hurled in it's direction.
The grille is angled toward the air scoop (often called by riders the radiator shroud).
This way, you get frontal protection as well as airflow via the angled grille.
This technique has been used on liquid-cooled motocross, enduro, off-road, and dual-purpose bikes since practically day one.

The one I DID remove from both my WR-250R and WR-250X is the silly black plastic duct BEHIND the radiator.
This is supposed to deflect hot air from the radiator away from the rider's leg, but since I always rode in motocross boots (WR-250R) or a leather roadrace suit and boots (WR-250X), I didn't feel any hot air bothering me.
Back to top Go down

Taking off radiator plastic vent?
Page 1 of 1