Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NihonWRX

Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010   Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:59 am

I recently purchased a Corbin seat for my 2010 WR250x so i though i would post my impressions.

Firstly the seat weighs at least twice the weight of the stock seat, which is not mentioned anywhere
on any sites selling the seat, so I was not happy with that. But I thought, well, if it is more comfortable
then i will live with the extra weight. So I try to install the seat and no go!! I have an IMS 3 gallon tank
and the Corbin has a bulging area ( not present on the stock seat pan ) in the base of the seat between
the two mount points. So the seat base hits the tank before the upper mount point can connect and the lower
mount point barely connects. These mount brackets have some adjustment, but not that much and besides
I don't want my seat sitting over 1/2inch from the tank and rest of the bike I could possibly make brackets to get it
to mount, but heck, what is the point in paying $300+ to buy something that does not fit properly!

Lastly, the seat is way stiffer than the stock seat. I realise it will break in a bit, but I am doubtful it will
break in enough to actually be comfortable ( speculation ).

Overall very disappointed with the purchase. The seat base is truly an exercise in ugliness. The seat
itself looks nice from the top/side.

Might post image later to show the problem.
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010   Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:19 am

Get the Seat Concepts seat. It only comes with the seat cover and foam, and you use the stock seat pan. I've never covered a seat before and I did this mod myself. All you need is an air stapler, or take it to your local upholstery shop and they should do it for pretty cheap. I can't remember how much the seat cost but it was WAY cheaper than that Corbin seat, and it is super comfortable.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010   Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:42 pm

myCorbin seat fits my wrr perfectly,,,the foam is a little harder than I expected but I think it's way better than the stock seat....maybe your fit problem has to do with the gas tank,,,,,,hope you get it figured out ,,maybe Corbin would let you return it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jason
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010   Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:39 pm

Had the exact same problem with my Corbin seat and larger tank. Took it to the Corbin factory to have it custom fitted, and it is so good. It does break in, and the lack of seams on the side (unlike other aftermarket seats) doesn't rub me right on the inner thigh. It's also wider and lower, and the extra firmness of the base makes for far less vibration. I could ride the stock seat for about 3 hours off road and on road before severe monkey butt set in, and with the new seat it's more like 5 hours.

Some pictures:

At Corbin:

Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010 0465copy-1

After:

Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010 0470copy-1

Probably would have been more considerate to bring them a clean bike, but there is this amazing riding area near their factory and it was a mud fest... The employees were all laughing at the clods of mud falling off the bike...

:)
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010   Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:55 am

When I used to work as a mechanic we charged $20 extra to wash your bike first if you brought it in looking like that Very happy .
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010   Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:22 am

Yeah, I felt bad, but the only self-wash car wash place in Hollister was closed for repairs...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010   Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Corbin Seat For WR250x/r 2010
Page 1 of 1