Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Help with a price check, please.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
D28NY

D28NY

Help with a price check, please. Empty
PostSubject: Help with a price check, please.   Help with a price check, please. EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:06 pm

I found a semi-local shop that has a 2008 WR-R for $4495.00.

Here is the info listed with it:

2008 Yamaha WR250R Dual Sport
Liquid Cooled
Yamaha GYTR Exaust
Moose Skid Plate
Hand Guards w/ Mirrors
1903 Road miles

It also says it's one of the employees' current bike.

I was thinking about offering $4,000 flat (cash) and seeing what they say and negotiate from there.

What do you guys think a good price to settle on is?

Back to top Go down
jalles

PostSubject: Re: Help with a price check, please.   Help with a price check, please. EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:04 pm

I think $4,000 is fair. Seems price varies greatly by region. I'm in the Northwest and I would say that is good-to-fair here.

For comparison, I bought a used 08 in March 2012 from a private seller for $3,700. 1200 miles, completely stock. Once I add in the accessories I bought which the one your looking at includes, you'll probably come out ahead.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Help with a price check, please.   Help with a price check, please. EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:12 pm

I think $4K cash is a reasonable starting point for negotiations. 2K miles and mods you're likely to do anyways are pluses. I don't particularly like the folks at my local yamaha dealer (chick at the parts counter that helped with my helmet purchase aside) so I would call that a neutral note.

For comparison, I paid $3,400 for mine all stock with an HID kit @ 6K miles. That was over a year ago. If it weren't for some crashes I could probably still get that today even with closer to 15K miles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with a price check, please.   Help with a price check, please. Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with a price check, please.
Page 1 of 1