Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

dual sport tires for the X

Go down 
+3
Cowgirl
jefmad
alo0012
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alo0012

dual sport tires for the X Empty
PostSubject: dual sport tires for the X   dual sport tires for the X EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Hey fellas I wanted to know what tires y'all would recommend for off road/ trail riding for the wrx. Any suggestions? :hmmm:
Back to top Go down
jefmad

PostSubject: Re: dual sport tires for the X   dual sport tires for the X EmptySat May 26, 2012 5:41 pm

Shinko 244
5.1x17 for the back and 4.6x17 for the front.
If you search you will see a lot of people have tried this combo and most love it.
Back to top Go down
Cowgirl

PostSubject: Re: dual sport tires for the X   dual sport tires for the X EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:09 pm

I put Kenda 270s on mine - seem to work pretty well.

[img]dual sport tires for the X File-51[/img]
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: dual sport tires for the X   dual sport tires for the X EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:14 am

I actually kinda like running street tires on gravel and dirt roads, so long as it isn't too sloppy. Once you get used to both ends sliding its actually a lot of fun. wings
Back to top Go down
crazy_dave

crazy_dave

PostSubject: Re: dual sport tires for the X   dual sport tires for the X EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:00 am

Cowgirl wrote:
I put Kenda 270s on mine - seem to work pretty well.

[img]dual sport tires for the X File-51[/img]

+1
Ive been running these on my DR650 for a few years with about 50/50 on/off. Even with hard road riding i can normaly got between 3 & 4k out of them.

I have Shinko 705's on my Supermoto. They Hookup great on the slab in all weather and do surprisingly well off road. It’s about a 70/20 tire.
Back to top Go down
5S Dude

5S Dude

PostSubject: Re: dual sport tires for the X   dual sport tires for the X EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 3:57 pm

jefmad wrote:
Shinko 244
5.1x17 for the back and 4.6x17 for the front.
If you search you will see a lot of people have tried this combo and most love it.

+1 on the Shinko 244's

I ride everyday to work and trail ride my WRX on the weekends. They've been the perfect compromise so far...

dual sport tires for the X DSC00724

Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: dual sport tires for the X   dual sport tires for the X EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 7:15 am

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/de/en/continental/motorcycle/themes/motorcycletires/enduro/tkc_80/tkc_80_en.html

Any one try the continental ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dual sport tires for the X   dual sport tires for the X Empty

Back to top Go down

dual sport tires for the X
Page 1 of 1