Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tire compound question you track guys..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chuckP

Tire compound question you track guys.. Empty
PostSubject: Tire compound question you track guys..   Tire compound question you track guys.. EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:14 pm

I've had my WR250x for about a month now. I plan on attending track days at my local tracks (infineon) karting track. My front BT-090 needs to be replaced asap. The previous owner put on a new BT-090 on the rear. It currently has 75% tread left on it. My questions is, should i always buy the stickiest front tire available if i plan on tracking? Or would a dual sport tire suffice? I've been eyeing the Metzeler M3s or Pilot powers. Would appreciate any advice from the seasoned track guys.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Tire compound question you track guys..   Tire compound question you track guys.. EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm not a seasoned track guy, but the pilot powers are a popular choice. The bt003s are also pretty common.

I'm running the pilot powers on the street and they seem pretty great with the exception of an occasional understeer tendency if I turn in too quickly.
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: Tire compound question you track guys..   Tire compound question you track guys.. EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:50 pm

Conti Force SM's are awesome tires for this bike. Street and track. thumb
Nice & light & sticky.
Back to top Go down
chuckP

PostSubject: Re: Tire compound question you track guys..   Tire compound question you track guys.. EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:40 am

I've heard the Conti Force SM's wear out pretty fast. Any experience with this?

What sizes are you guys running?
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: Tire compound question you track guys..   Tire compound question you track guys.. EmptyTue May 29, 2012 10:06 am

120/70R17
150/60R17

Hard to say the mileage on any one specific set of tires on either of our WRXs. We swap to R wheels occasionally, so the mileage per set gets blurry.

In our experience - motorcycle tires wear out quickly. dunno It seems to be a trade off between sticky & light vs. hard & heavy. Yes, tires cost money, but we're willing to pay a few more $ for the performance.
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: Tire compound question you track guys..   Tire compound question you track guys.. EmptyThu May 31, 2012 6:56 pm

im running avons. im on my 2nd front and 3rd rear(drag burnout kills tires) they have realy good groves to move water in down pours, never had issues since i put them on in '08.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire compound question you track guys..   Tire compound question you track guys.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire compound question you track guys..
Page 1 of 1