Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?

Go down 
+22
Chrispy1200
Delta_T
Drewmugx5t
JustWannaRide
motokid
Milagrowl
wristpin
Captain Midnight
trav72
wingnut
greer
A66auto
BigBird
edteamslr
Chief_Lee_Visceral
Krabill
mnormand
0007onWR
MeefZah
wildmotha
dirtytrixx400
tx2whlr
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tx2whlr

wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? Empty
PostSubject: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 8:31 am

I rode my bike to work yesterday, when it was time to leave turned the key and the fuel pump didn't cycle, it would crank but not start, two hours later I trailered it home. Temp was 102 plus here at the time (2:30 pm), and even at 11:00 last night it would not start. This morning turned the key, fuel pump cycled and it fired right up. There are several threads on this at TT and I've started a new one titled wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?

It appears a pump change has fixed all those afflicted with the problem, I'm just trying to narrow it down to a bad batch of pumps so I can restore faith in this bike, right now I wouldn't ride it further than I can push it .

My hopes of the wrr being a great mini adventure bike have been dashed for now and I would caution anyone riding thiers in high ambient temps to be warned. Mine has a build date of 2/08 and the last 6 # of the vin are 001645. If you have had this problem please post up either here or @ TT.
I really would like to find the solution.

By the way I bought my wrr used in new cond with 59 miles on the clock a few months ago and it now has 600 miles on it. I installed a full fmf pipe, programmer and removed the ais and all the junk associated with the flapper door mod @ 150 miles, the bike has ran flawless, not even one sputter since I've had it, so there is no warning.

Pete
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:01 am

our #'s are pretty close
939 miles....no problems

wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? SL380054
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 12:49 pm

1/08 000976 bought used with 700 miles. Now has 1400. Completely stock.

It had rust in the tank, that's probably the reason for my fuel pump issues (take a look at the pics under WRR Rescue in the pictures section). But the pump always cycled when I turned the key. My issue is if I hit the throttle too abruptly just at idle it will stall. Also one time I filled up at a hole in the wall station a long way from anything and it ran worse and worse until it didnt run at all, that sucked.

I'll bring the required tools with me if I do any extened rides. I cleaned the teabag filter and it ran great again after that hiccup. I'm pretty sure I need a new pump and gas tank, just holding off until I really NEED it. Runs great, I just can make it stall at idle if I want to.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 3:39 pm

04/08

VIN - 002282

3500 miles since I bought it 3 months ago, no problems. No engine, fuel, or exhaust mods.

I wonder, if the ethanol induced dry rot several others mentioned on ADV is the culprit, if riding it a lot will keep the gas from deteriorating the seals?

Oh well, if mine quits it's covered under warranty; I have AMA roadside assistance, a cell phone and credit card; am in good shape; and don't mind walking. Very happy
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:31 am

what is the status of this deal now? anybody heard anything else on it?
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:37 am

There's a lot more to worry about than having the same failure twice, it's like getting bit by a shark while being struck by lightning
Great possibility that you have a high sulfur content in the fuel you are buying, it eat's nickle silver

Probably also a good idea to run your fuel tank as full as possible to keep the pump immersed in fuel if your concerned about hi temp's but i doubt it hotter than places like Spain or Australia or whatever
Back to top Go down
mnormand

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:58 pm

dirtytrixx400 wrote:
our #'s are pretty close
939 miles....no problems

wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? SL380054

Bringn this old thread up.. because...
Hey dirtytrix.... we're neighbors!... I've got 02/08 #1698 !! wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? 942737 That's kinda cool huh?

Prior owner bought it new in Baton Rouge I'm pretty sure. Its straight up stock, no mods.

Knock on wood.... I've had absolutely no problems so far, and I've ridden lots in scorching hot weather down here.
Bought used last year with 1500mi, now have about 5500.
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:02 am

Built 03-08

12,950 miles

s/n - 001885

Fuel pump just went out.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Krabill wrote:
Built 03-08

12,950 miles

s/n - 001885

Fuel pump just went out.

Crap sorry. Well you post your cost and what Yamaha has to say about it? You just don't hear it spin up right?
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Nah, it'll start fine and run . . . for a little while . . . then it bogs down and dies wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? 9356

I didn't contact Yamaha. I figured they'd want a shop to work on my bike and well, that just isn't going to happen. I'll do it myself, thanks.

I paid somewhere around $225 from Service Honda. They're on backorder and I have no idea when it will get here.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 4:14 pm

thanks for the info. I don't want this to happen to me in the bush somewhere. Price is stupid but no surprise and I never take anything of mine to a service department anymore either, too frustrating. Post again when you get the part in please. thx

Kawasaki wants $8 a piece for a plastic reusable push rivet on my Jetskis. I found a box of 25 for $6. I understand paying for logistics but sometimes it is just down right insults me.
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Canadian Bike in the UK   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Mine is 1/08 0041. Only 2,000miles so far and slightly worried. It doesn't get very hot here but I'm taking it to Russia next year so it looks like I'll have to find space to add a fuel pump to my luggage! Damn...
Back to top Go down
BigBird

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:24 pm

WR250R - Build Date 01/08. Pump made funny sounds variations in pitch) then failed at about 2600 miles. After a couple of restart trys it then came back to life with occasionally funny sounds. I replaced it as soon as I could get a new pump.

The temperature at time of failure was cool.
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Bad Pump Symptoms= NO sound of pump when the bike is hot, if it does start, it will idle for about 5 seconds and die. Runs like a champ in the am.

The i bought the bike used, so I am going to replace the pump my self. Anyone know how to do it?

Build date 02/08

Alex
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:29 am

Be sure to check the Sticky in "What broke", here's Joel's write-up:

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=101584&highlight=fuel+pump

Sarah
Back to top Go down
wingnut

wingnut

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?    wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Build date is 12/07
last 6 numbers of the vin is 000306

It has 3,012 miles on it, no problems so far
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:44 pm

Build date 01/08, 9500 miles and going strong.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Build date 01/08, 7000 miles. I'm OK.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:16 pm

Build date 1/08, vin 001054, 10,700 miles, no problems.
Back to top Go down
Milagrowl

Milagrowl

PostSubject: 2011 Model SAME PROBLEM   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:06 am

I have a detached garage and when the temps are in the mid 80s to 90s, it's probably 110 in there. The fuel pump will not cycle when the ignition is engaged. Of course the only time I am available to get it to the dealer is in the evenings when it's hot and it doesn't start, otherwise it starts just fine. It will suck if I have to find a truck to haul it to the shop. If this has been a problem with '08s, I am seriously concerned about my purchase. It should have been fixed. They have to fix this!!!!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 8:49 am

wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? Build_10

Knock on wood - no issues.

My X has sat out in the boiling sun on multiple 100+ degree days here this summer.
In a black parking lot with no shade.

It's never hiccuped once. (knock on wood again)

Odometer has past the 8000 mile mark......

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 8:51 am

Krabill wrote:
Built 03-08

12,950 miles

s/n - 001885

Fuel pump just went out.

How can your build date be earlier than mine, but your s/n is higher than mine????

Suspect Suspect Suspect

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Photo-shop.
Back to top Go down
JustWannaRide

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:14 am

wildmotha wrote:
1/08 000976 bought used with 700 miles. Now has 1400. Completely stock.

It had rust in the tank, that's probably the reason for my fuel pump issues (take a look at the pics under WRR Rescue in the pictures section). But the pump always cycled when I turned the key. My issue is if I hit the throttle too abruptly just at idle it will stall. Also one time I filled up at a hole in the wall station a long way from anything and it ran worse and worse until it didnt run at all, that sucked.

I'll bring the required tools with me if I do any extened rides. I cleaned the teabag filter and it ran great again after that hiccup. I'm pretty sure I need a new pump and gas tank, just holding off until I really NEED it. Runs great, I just can make it stall at idle if I want to.

Build 01/08 #0972. We are close.

No problems yet here in hot azz Az. Probably about 1500 on it now. Will check though.
Back to top Go down
Drewmugx5t

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:40 am

My build # is 336, built in 12/07. I have been fighting it since I bought it (used 6900 miles, now 10400) two and a half months ago. I'm seeing my symptoms getting worse although it has yet to leave me stranded. It has a major dead spot in midrange, sometimes rolling off the throttle going up a big hill actually speeds it up slightly. I'm having the same off idle bog some people have mentioned. The biggest thing for me is that my best friend has the same bike, same year, but a newer build date. When you turn the key to prime the pump our bikes sound completely different. His is much more high pitched than mine making me think the motor in mine is hurting. I should get the new pump in by the end of the week next week, I will be sure to let you know how it goes.

Oh and the other thing that makes me doubt the pump is that with the FMF tuner, no matter what I do I can't make it better or worse. I have tried any number of tunes to try and get anything different to happen, and nothing changes. My bike and my friends are identical mod wise except for the pipe, I have fmf, he has LEO, he has never touched his tuner and his runs 10x smoother than mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? Empty

Back to top Go down

wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next