Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Two Brothers M7 Exhaust

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tknecht

Two Brothers M7 Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Two Brothers M7 Exhaust   Two Brothers M7 Exhaust EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone here ran a two brothers exhaust. How obnoxiously loud is it? I was thinking of getting this with the decible reducing tip on it, the other options im looking into is either the Dr D SS full exhaust or a big gun evo. I want the mean sound but I dont want to be pulled over everytime I ride by a cop.

If I got the TBR I would pair it with the juicebox pro, anything else I think I would just run with a fnf programmer.

I have been looking around for a decent sound clip, only found one of the TBR but it is just idling. I heard the Big Gun on youtube taked to the rev limiter, sounds pretty good.

I know im not gonna get the sound of a 600 or 1000 street bike but there are a bunch of them in town running TBR exhaust, just sounds so nice. Are most of the 'race' exhausts gonna sound pretty much the same?
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

PostSubject: Re: Two Brothers M7 Exhaust   Two Brothers M7 Exhaust EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:44 pm

Fuck there the noisiest thing going eeek I have one with the tip, I had to make my own baffle to get it to sound something like a acceptable.
With the tip out it is just an amplifier, birds falling from trees, horses shitting themselves and. Cats chasing dogs.

Last edited by Monkeynuts on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tknecht

PostSubject: Re: Two Brothers M7 Exhaust   Two Brothers M7 Exhaust EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Hah that bad eh? Well that kinda stumps me then, on their website that have some sound figure claims:

stock 90db, tbr 99db - the p1x tip claim 5-7db reduction which is pretty huge. Is the difference between 2-4 db really that much or is it just the tone that makes it sound louder?

I dunno I like a nice throaty tone but if driving on the highway is just gonna give me a headache maybe i'll just go with a Q4.
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

PostSubject: Re: Two Brothers M7 Exhaust   Two Brothers M7 Exhaust EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:40 pm

The scale for db rating isn't linear. With my extra baffle mod I still have to use ear plugs !
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Two Brothers M7 Exhaust   Two Brothers M7 Exhaust EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:24 pm

6db almost doubles the sound volume if I am not mistaken.

Found this:

"On the decibel scale, the smallest audible sound (near total silence) is 0 dB. A sound 10 times more powerful is 10 dB. A sound 100 times more powerful than near total silence is 20 dB. A sound 1,000 times more powerful than near total silence is 30 dB"

"In terms of power, the sound of the jet engine is about 1,000,000,000,000 times more powerful than the smallest audible sound. That's a big difference!"
Back to top Go down
tknecht

PostSubject: Re: Two Brothers M7 Exhaust   Two Brothers M7 Exhaust EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Seen a video on youtube of a guy with two klx250's side by side, one had a Q4 and the other one had TBR. Seems like the Q4 is the choice for me so I ordered it up with a fmf EFI programmer too.

I'll let you know how it turns out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Brothers M7 Exhaust   Two Brothers M7 Exhaust Empty

Back to top Go down

Two Brothers M7 Exhaust
Page 1 of 1