Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

'bark busters', which is best?

Go down 
+11
rinconrider
jon_l
Potentate
f1isbest
LordEndo
foofighter
DragonNester
IAmABug
Arkmage
bigg
deerHater
15 posters
AuthorMessage
deerHater

'bark busters', which is best? Empty
PostSubject: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 7:05 am

What do you recommend?

- I need sturdy: protect bars/levers/controls when bike gets 'sleepy.'
- Prefer ease of installation (no mods required.)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:39 am

I went Cyrca ProBends with the Triple Clamp Side Mount. They are rock solid, and I feel like I could plow over a tree. Everything just bolts together very easily!
'bark busters', which is best? Fmf_pr11
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am

whitea42 wrote:
I went Cyrca ProBends with the Triple Clamp Side Mount. They are rock solid, and I feel like I could plow over a tree. Everything just bolts together very easily!
'bark busters', which is best? Fmf_pr11

Hmm, when I reply I see that you posted photos, but I don't see them using firefox (at work.)

From this page:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/192/1/0/0/DEPARTMENT/Dirt-Bike-Motocross-Handlebar-Controls-Accessories.aspx#&&Back=0-0-0%2c195-0-126-0-0-24-1-1-1

Is it the "Pro Bend Alloy Bar Pack" plus also the "Pro Bend Alloy Triple Mount System"?
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:16 am

I went for acerbis rally pros

very sturdy as well and a bit more "streamlined", very sturdy, but aren't quite as wide/broad so don't protect the hands as much from flying branches.
installation quick and easy

'bark busters', which is best? Immag051

'bark busters', which is best? Immag052
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:56 am

If you don't want to have to mode them do not use these...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/192/4881/ITEM/Western-Power-Sports-Off-Road-Handguards.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

They were too long so I had to cut them down and re-drill the inboard mounting holes. The angle was also bullshit for mounting to the cyra tripple clamp mounts so I had to twist and bend the fuckers like a beast.

They are rock solid though... and they crash well :)
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:14 pm

I am using these. I can say they work as I have dropped the bike a few times now and they havn't bent or crack or anything.

http://www.motostrano.com/Acerbis-RAM-Handguards-p/06350721.htm
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:03 pm

I went with these:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/44/54/229/1036/-/-/68829/Tusk-D-Flex-Handguards-Blue?ref=gmc

They are stout and reasonably priced
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:53 pm

DragonNester wrote:
I went with these:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/44/54/229/1036/-/-/68829/Tusk-D-Flex-Handguards-Blue?ref=gmc

I've got these on the KDX. When I eventually replace the ones on the WR I'll likely get these for it as well. I like that the plastics are replaceable.
Back to top Go down
foofighter

foofighter

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 3:12 pm

DragonNester wrote:
I went with these:

I just recieved these in the mail on Friday. Really love them, but damn I can't get them to mount up because I am using Pro Taper Evo bars which taper from 1 1/8" in the middle of the car to 7/8" at the end. So the spot I am trying to mount the handguards to is aboyut 1" thick. Might just put a grinder to the mounts and see if I can get them on there! Haha
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 3:38 pm

foofighter wrote:
DragonNester wrote:
I went with these:

I just recieved these in the mail on Friday. Really love them, but damn I can't get them to mount up because I am using Pro Taper Evo bars which taper from 1 1/8" in the middle of the car to 7/8" at the end. So the spot I am trying to mount the handguards to is aboyut 1" thick. Might just put a grinder to the mounts and see if I can get them on there! Haha

You can buy clamps for 1 1/8" bars and use the inserts that came with the hand guards. I did this for my grandson's YZ250. I just don't remember where I got them.
Back to top Go down
LordEndo

LordEndo

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:32 pm

bigg wrote:
I went for acerbis rally pros

very sturdy as well and a bit more "streamlined", very sturdy, but aren't quite as wide/broad so don't protect the hands as much from flying branches.

'bark busters', which is best? Immag051

'bark busters', which is best? Immag052

I have the Acerbis guards installed and have beat the crap out of them on trees and rocks. No issues other than breaking one of the spreader bolts inside of the bar as I've had to remove them a few times - probably overtightened it...... ;0)
Back to top Go down
f1isbest

f1isbest

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:09 pm

[quote="bigg"]I went for acerbis rally pros

Agreed, and easy install as well.

Bob
Back to top Go down
Potentate

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:26 am

I use these from cycle gear. http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product/Aluminum_Handguard_Kit_with_Shields/web1008334
They're pretty inexpensive and are very durable. I'm not a very good rider and have dropped the bike a lot with these. Last time out I hit a 4" diameter cactus with the hand guard and it completely protected my hand. Easy install too.
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Bark Buster Storm on my WRR   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:22 am

'bark busters', which is best? 7857738564_6c665e5d8a_c
Back to top Go down
rinconrider

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:43 am

i had the acerbis for a few years. they eventually failed after like the 6th big crash. i totally beat the crap out of them. they are really solid.

i replaced them with cycras and they look every bit as solid. i wasn't unhappy with the acerbis, i just wanted to try something different. the only thing about the cycras is that the plastic deflector can be replaced separately from the mounting bar (the structural element), however the acerbis cannot be.

wes
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:35 pm

I bought the Zeta Racing busters and installed the zeta flasher guards so I could eliminate my front blinkers. Ended up with no runing lights in the front. Flasher guards are turn signals only. WWW.wheelingcyclesupply.com
Back to top Go down
mix123

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:38 pm

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
I bought the Zeta Racing busters and installed the zeta flasher guards so I could eliminate my front blinkers. Ended up with no runing lights in the front. Flasher guards are turn signals only. WWW.wheelingcyclesupply.com

12 Oclock Labs has something that will fix this....FYI
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Cycra probends!
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:11 am

I was refering to the Zeta Armor Guards.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:29 am

mix123 wrote:
mcdoudlehopper wrote:

12 Oclock Labs has something that will fix this....FYI

Thanks Mix123, I found them at the 12 O'clock labs store. Didn't know they existed. thumb bow
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:39 pm

I put a used set of moose bark busters on my wr, I had them on my KLR for 5 years, they have a few scraches from hitting the ground a bunch of times but are still good to go. thumb
I think the moose bark busters are made by MSR, so they'd be good too.
The enduro enginering ones on my gasgas have been tough as hell too, no complaints with them either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'bark busters', which is best?   'bark busters', which is best? Empty

Back to top Go down

'bark busters', which is best?
Page 1 of 1