Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Boots you can walk in

Go down 
+30
gatorfan
Petter
ed29
Chrispy1200
subedai
dulinor
njbill
simmons1
yellowredlight
dtx
Dancamp
0007onWR
oh2RideMore
ModalGuy
BigBoar
toast
inspector
essadv
bash3r
rydnseek
greer
Twistagrip
mx284
MNMike
SheWolf
skierd
INSTIGATOR
motokid
mtb
Jäger
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
skierd

Boots you can walk in - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 11:29 pm

MX boots are just gonna be stiff as hell until you get them broken in. My tech 6's are much much better now that they have a few thousand miles on them, especially after getting them soaked and letting them dry on my feet a few times. Now I can't think of getting rid of them unless they start to really fall apart.

I had a pair of Gaerne Balance boots for a few day (sold them because they were too big for me, bought them off the ADV Flea Market), while they were certainly more flexible, I didn't like how floppy they were. I also still would not have wanted to hike all day in them. All I really want to add is a pair of mid length waterproof boots (between MX and shorty boots) and I'll be happy with footwear.
Back to top Go down
BigBoar

BigBoar

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:57 am

I love the alpinestarts, I have tech 8's and didnt feel that they had to be broken in at all
Back to top Go down
ModalGuy

ModalGuy

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 9:56 am

Anybody have a pair of these KLIM Adrenaline GTX Boots?
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/3/24581/ITEM/Klim-Adrenaline-GTX-Boots.aspx

I've got a buddy that just bought the Alpine Star tech 2 Shorty boots and he was complaining about the comfort. Of course I think all of these boots take a while to break in...

I'm currently just wearing a pair of work boots, which are comfortable enough to walk in but my shins sure do feel exposed. I think the KLIM Adrenaline GTX Boots would have the same problem.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:48 am

Personally I don't like laces on my riding boots. Seen too many things get sucked into chains or conveyors in my short time to want to risk that. Otherwise, they seem like nice hikers (if they aren't too heavy) that can be used more safely than most on a motorcycle. The price aint bad either. They certainly won't have much shin protection as a real off-road boot though.

I found my waterproof mid-length boot: Tour Master Solutions. Boots you can walk in - Page 2 525406 Hope they're actually waterproof, I'll probably be able to find out in the next few days if this weather keeps up. Boots you can walk in - Page 2 724854 Now I've got three pairs: warm 3-season street (thor 50/50), rain (tourmasters), and off-road weather-be-damned (Alpinestars Tech6). I've still got my cheap rubber overboots too for the thor's and the A*.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 4:46 am

A couple of buddies have nothing but praise for the Tourmasters. I intended to buy a pair, but just couldn't get the fit right. I bet you'll like them.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
oh2RideMore

PostSubject: sidi on road goretex   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:50 am

Been using a pair of sidi on roads for about a year and half. Waterproof, comfortable, and good looking. Took these on a trip cross country last year, and had to hike in these when my hiking boots flew off bike unexpectedly. Boots you can walk in - Page 2 724854 Got some blister from the hiking, but that was several kilometers and 1200 ft of gain.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Fox it is!   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:12 pm

I FINALLY got a wicked set of boots. These things are incredible right out of the box! Boots you can walk in - Page 2 640571 I tried Alpinestars, Thor, MSR, Gaerne, Sidi and Formas. I got the Formas, wore them twice and didn't like them. TOO STIFF!! So I have a pair of men's 7 MX boots that match the bike. Boots you can walk in - Page 2 9356 The ones I got this time are the Fox Comp 5's. I wore them all day and they are as comfy as my Nike runners. Boots you can walk in - Page 2 61865 Well worth the trip.
Boots you can walk in - Page 2 IMG_1269

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:50 pm

Oddly enough I also have something new to contribute to this thread.

I bought a pair of the Alpinestars Scout boots from Revzilla about a week ago.

Boots you can walk in - Page 2 Motostrano_2093_21621561

http://www.motostrano.com/scoutboot.html

They're walking comfortable out of the box, a little less stiff than my worn in Tech 6's (which these are replacing), way stiffer than my tourmaster street boots.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:18 pm

Looks like a pretty decent DS boot. Boots you can walk in - Page 2 61865

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:26 pm

I have a pair or Thor 50/50
They're not full height but they are comfortable enough to spend the day in, i like em
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:38 am

The Aerostich combat boots are ok. A little stiff when new but comfortable when broken.

These are made by Sidi.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:59 am

ModalGuy wrote:
Anybody have a pair of these KLIM Adrenaline GTX Boots?
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/3/24581/ITEM/Klim-Adrenaline-GTX-Boots.aspx

I've got a buddy that just bought the Alpine Star tech 2 Shorty boots and he was complaining about the comfort. Of course I think all of these boots take a while to break in...

I'm currently just wearing a pair of work boots, which are comfortable enough to walk in but my shins sure do feel exposed. I think the KLIM Adrenaline GTX Boots would have the same problem.

Those are snowmobile boots, awesome stuff but not for dirt riding
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: thinking about these   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:40 pm

http://metroracing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=111_34&products_id=690
thinking about these,made by alpinestar. i just like a plain boot.
Back to top Go down
yellowredlight

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:39 pm

SpaGuru wrote:
I have had my eye on these for some time however. They are basically a shorty MX boot...

Boots you can walk in - Page 2 201807_large

i have these and like them a lot!
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:42 am

dtx wrote:
http://metroracing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=111_34&products_id=690

I had a pair of those, they are very very very nice boots. Need a long time to break in, but its not unusual to see people riding in 20 year old hi-points (which were renamed the Super Victory when they were brought back to the US). The Alpinestar Scouts that I have now are basically an update of those plus a waterproof liner.

The scouts, in a word, ROCK! Super super comfy on the road, great feedback through the pegs, stand-in-a-creek waterproof, and still easy to walk in with soles that actually can give some traction.
Back to top Go down
simmons1

simmons1

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 12:13 am

skierd wrote:
dtx wrote:

I had a pair of those, they are very very very nice boots. Need a long time to break in, but its not unusual to see people riding in 20 year old hi-points (which were renamed the Super Victory when they were brought back to the US).

This is funny. I am actually still wearing a roughly 20 year old set of blue Hi-Points. I am going to cry when, if ever, they wear out.
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:52 pm

I have these BOOTS. I wear them when I ride dual sport and trials. They are very comfortable.
Back to top Go down
dulinor

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Expensive but the recently released Sidi Adventure Rain boots are quite comfy, at least for me. They *look* like the full-on MX boot, but don't give you that same ski-boot feeling.
Back to top Go down
subedai

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 7:05 am

dulinor wrote:
Expensive but the recently released Sidi Adventure Rain boots are quite comfy, at least for me. They *look* like the full-on MX boot, but don't give you that same ski-boot feeling.

Im considering those for a new boot, definately look less clompy than motocross ones.
I got a pair of diadora MX-6's which are comfy and great protection but very bulky. I guess i have walked 5km in them one time without any issues but i wouldnt make a habit of it.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:52 pm

dulinor wrote:

I'm still breaking mine in. I had a bit of a "hot spot" on the ankle bone of my left foot, most likely from shifting, but it's going away as the boot breaks in. Other than that, I really like them. Once fully broken in, they feel like they are going to VERY comfortable.
Back to top Go down
ed29

ed29

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:51 pm

I have Forma GT boots for my dual sport/adventure rides. Waterproof (verified), decent ankle support, and much more hiking friendly than my MX boots.

They are a good compromise between my street and MX boots. The downside is that they were pricey. They had better last several years in order for me to get my money's worth out of them.

Boots you can walk in - Page 2 B442c0dd-7f3d-48b6-b53f-34fbc55b89cb
Back to top Go down
Petter

PostSubject: It is quiet helping   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:12 am

I have almost same question to i ask. I use that boot and wear my leather jacket to avoid maximum damage.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 am

Gaerne Balanced Oil Boots - Like Butta' ... they have less protection than an MX boot but what you loose in protection you gain in comfort. If buying you should be aware they are a "high volume" fit boot. In other words, if you've got skinny/bony feet you may flop around in these even if the length is right.

Boots you can walk in - Page 2 IMG_0035
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 11:33 am

I wear a pair of mx moose m1 atv (has tread) sole boots for dualsport trips that require standing/walking around a bunch, once they broke in they bend easily and are comfy.
I add work boot insoles to all my bike boots, it makes them way more comforable.
They are too soft and flexy to be good offraod racing boots tho, I have forma dominators for that, they're very stiff and kinda hard to walk in.
I've broken both my feet and a ankle before (only once on a bike tho) so I dont skimp on foot protection.
Back to top Go down
Swagger

Swagger

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Have had my Sidi Canyon Gortex for about 2 yrs now. Comfy right out of the box and you can wear them ALL day. Not as much protection as other boots but for a daily commuter and occasional off road trips they're perfect!!!

http://www.revzilla.com/product/sidi-canyon-gore-tex-boots
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boots you can walk in
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next