Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Boots you can walk in

Go down 
+30
gatorfan
Petter
ed29
Chrispy1200
subedai
dulinor
njbill
simmons1
yellowredlight
dtx
Dancamp
0007onWR
oh2RideMore
ModalGuy
BigBoar
toast
inspector
essadv
bash3r
rydnseek
greer
Twistagrip
mx284
MNMike
SheWolf
skierd
INSTIGATOR
motokid
mtb
Jäger
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Cutthroat Bill

Cutthroat Bill

Boots you can walk in - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:12 pm

motokid wrote:
The Fox Comp 5's I tried on today seemed pretty comfy.

They (Edit: Fox Shorty Comp 5) are not all that great. You can probably walk around town for a little while, but forget about trails, woods, or mountains. And the upper strap is velcro, so after a year it will hardly be able to hold anymore. Mine are a little older than that, and the velcro is so bad that when I bend down to get my second boot on, the firs one will rip open. I used to ride with my toes on the pegs, because I could then dig my knees into the indentation in the shrouds. But that's impossible now as it puts too much pressure on the velcro straps.

Even with brand new boots, I'm not convinced the velcro would hold up in a crash, in which case there's only two straps that keep your foot safe. Both of mine failed once, so the boot came off, and I got road rash on the side of my foot. That was probably the tiniest road rash I've ever gotten, but then again, I was only doing 40mph. I'd hate to see what would've happened if I was doing 60+.

Edit: Oh, darn. I thought this was the "shorty style boots" thread. I'm sure the full size Comp 5's are fine in regards to safety.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Boots you can walk in - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots you can walk in   Boots you can walk in - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 1:17 am

I really like the Alpinestars Scout boot.

Very comfy and decent protection that doesn't break the bank.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/alpinestars-scout-wp-boots

I picked up my pair for $125 at a Going out of Business Sale at one of my favorite shops. It was both a good and bad day.
Back to top Go down

Boots you can walk in
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3