Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

zeta handguards with built in flashers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oops99

zeta handguards with built in flashers Empty
PostSubject: zeta handguards with built in flashers   zeta handguards with built in flashers EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:47 pm

hey everyone, im looking to buy myself a pair of the zeta handguards with the built in signal lights. but i want to inform myself on what other people think of them first. so do you like them? have you fallen or hit anything with them are they durable? if you hit something does the flasher break?

if you guys have pictures of your wr250r/x with the zeta handguards post em or send them to me i would like to see what they look like. Certain picture ive seen they look good but some that come up on google look really weird....

thanks
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards with built in flashers   zeta handguards with built in flashers EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:46 pm

I flipped the handguards left-to-right so the lights are on top; they didn't show well enough for me being on the bottom:
Handlebars and handguards <-- linky
Scroll down a bit.

zeta handguards with built in flashers WRR161
Back to top Go down
oops99

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards with built in flashers   zeta handguards with built in flashers EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:50 pm

good idea! if i end up getting a set ill probly flip them like you did.
Back to top Go down
Sproat Sport

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards with built in flashers   zeta handguards with built in flashers EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:06 pm

I installed a pair on my 09 wrr. Pretty slick having integrated blinkers, for sure...and the blinkers seem pretty tough as I had a few spills in the bush with no issue...the actual blinker parts don't really get the brunt of typical tip-overs/spills. Don't know many other options for integrated blinkers (besides HDB $$), so options are limited AFAIK.

My only beef with the Zeta XC w/blinker handguards is they are not quite as solid as others I've had (like Cycra Probends). The bracing/bracket (that attaches closer to the center of the handlebars) has a few extra swiveling parts that sort of weaken the overall strength. I had those cinched very tight, yet they would still twist up/down/out of position from minor falls.

Some may argue to quit pissing around and just go for the HDB and be done with it...but that's a $ issue.
Back to top Go down
YamahaTN

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards with built in flashers   zeta handguards with built in flashers EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:20 pm

I like mine and they have held up well in crashes on the trails. I did nothing to compensate for the decreased load of the LED's so mine flash too fast.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards with built in flashers   zeta handguards with built in flashers EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:26 pm

I don't have the flashers...but I've tested the guards well.
The plastics have some gouges...but that is the worst of it.
Tough enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards with built in flashers   zeta handguards with built in flashers Empty

Back to top Go down

zeta handguards with built in flashers
Page 1 of 1