Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

install manual for GYTR rack

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jon_l

jon_l

install manual for GYTR rack Empty
PostSubject: install manual for GYTR rack   install manual for GYTR rack EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 5:09 pm

Anyone have or know where to find an install manual for GYTR rack?

I bought a used rack with hardware missing / modified / not sure (specifically the 2 long bolts toward the rear). The bolts I have a way too short, and came with a locknut, which I shouldn't need as the rack looks like it mounts to 2 welded nuts on the frame under the fender.

It would be easier if I know what I need before I start looking for parts. Looks like I need two 6mm x 65 or 70 mm button socket cap screws, with maybe a spacer between the fender and sub frame?

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: install manual for GYTR rack   install manual for GYTR rack EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Jon, I replied to your post in ADVrider.
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: install manual for GYTR rack   install manual for GYTR rack EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 2:17 pm

sturgeon wrote:
Jon, I replied to your post in ADVrider.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: install manual for GYTR rack   install manual for GYTR rack EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:49 pm

i got it on my bike, pm your email and i can send it to you

sean
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: install manual for GYTR rack   install manual for GYTR rack EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:58 pm

install manual for GYTR rack Dsc00111
install manual for GYTR rack Dsc00112
install manual for GYTR rack Dsc00113
install manual for GYTR rack Dsc00114
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: install manual for GYTR rack   install manual for GYTR rack EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:54 am

Crazy M wrote:
i got it on my bike, pm your email and i can send it to you

sean

Thanks Sean, PM sent
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: install manual for GYTR rack   install manual for GYTR rack EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:25 am

I got a manual, found some bolts, got the rack painted and mounted, and I think it looks great. Thanks to everyone for the help:

install manual for GYTR rack 7497772898_f260cd05d9_c
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: install manual for GYTR rack   install manual for GYTR rack EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:57 am

jon_l wrote:
I got a manual, found some bolts, got the rack painted and mounted, and I think it looks great.

Just be careful with the sharp edges on that, or round them off with a sander. I've got a nice smile-shaped scar and some mild nerve damage on my thumb from one of those.

Edit: if you're a ham-fisted dufus like me poser2
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: install manual for GYTR rack   install manual for GYTR rack EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:38 am

Looks good. I need to put a rack on my bike, I have my Pelican 1120 just mounted to the fender and it has started to squeak. Very annoying.
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: install manual for GYTR rack   install manual for GYTR rack EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:45 pm

sturgeon wrote:
jon_l wrote:
I got a manual, found some bolts, got the rack painted and mounted, and I think it looks great.

Just be careful with the sharp edges on that, or round them off with a sander. I've got a nice smile-shaped scar and some mild nerve damage on my thumb from one of those.

Edit: if you're a ham-fisted dufus like me poser2

I hear you. The GYTR isn't my first choice rack, but I got a great deal on it, and cash is tight. I don't like the sharp edges, and I'd like a grab handle.

I'd prefer a milled aluminum one something like this, only a bit wider:

install manual for GYTR rack Rack-it-WR250R

I may fab something to replace the thin alum cover on the GYTR rack, since I now have a sturdy rack to which I could mount it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: install manual for GYTR rack   install manual for GYTR rack Empty

Back to top Go down

install manual for GYTR rack
Page 1 of 1