Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
b.ringrose

b.ringrose

Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed! Empty
PostSubject: Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed!   Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Hey!

I recently bought a 2008 R, with the Leo Vince X3 Exhust and an FMF programmer. This is my first fuel injected bike and I'm really unsure about the settings on the programmer, and their effects on gas mileage.

Last weekend I took it out and I seemed to only get about 70-80 Km (45ish miles) before my fuel light came on. I had a full tank whe I left, so according to that, I was getting about 30 mpg. I know this is WAAAAY less then the bike should be getting, although I was at full throttle down the #1 highway (Trans Canada) in 6th gear for about 2/3 of that. Will that knock off 20 mpg?

What I'm really wondering here is what programmer settings are most optimal for a bike with my exhaust and programmer setup. Like I said I'm new to this, and the person I bought the bike off had not installed either components and looked as though to have less clue then I as to the programmers settings, or even who set them.

If someone could provide me with the optimal settings for power vs. mileage, that would be great. If knobodys knows this, can anyone ballpark where it should be set?

Thanks for any help, and let me know if you require any more info/pictures to assit you in any way.

BR

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed!   Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:42 pm

What numbers are you running now?

Don't worry about looking for a specific pipe.

Find the post in the mega-thread by somebody who has something REALLY close to you.

The difference between a Leo Vince slip-on pipe and an FmF slip-on pipe can't be that huge to make a major difference.

What other mods have you done? Airbox? Flapper?

Do you have stock header pipe or a full exhaust?

To start with - what numbers are you currently running?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed!   Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Wide open 6th gear is death for mpg.

Try this:
Quote :
factory settings are: 3-2-0.5-8-4-4

after having my 08 R for four years i just now got around to pulling the exup/ais/flapper removal. FINALLY!

fmf pc4 + programmer on stock header

i justed changed a couple of settings to 3-4-2-8-6-4

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
b.ringrose

b.ringrose

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed!   Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:50 pm

motokid wrote:
What numbers are you running now?

Don't worry about looking for a specific pipe.

Find the post in the mega-thread by somebody who has something REALLY close to you.

The difference between a Leo Vince slip-on pipe and an FmF slip-on pipe can't be that huge to make a major difference.

What other mods have you done? Airbox? Flapper?

Do you have stock header pipe or a full exhaust?

To start with - what numbers are you currently running?

I'll have to get the numbers for you this evening, as I dont have the bike in front of me right now. I can tell you though that the airbox flapper has been glued fully open, and I'm still running the stock header pipe. I'll post those numbers in afew hours.

BR
Back to top Go down
b.ringrose

b.ringrose

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed!   Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:02 pm

So my current setting are:

Green -------- 3
Yellow ------- 5.5
Red ---------- 0.5
Green-Blue -- 8
Yellow-Blue -- 4
Red-Blue ---- 4.5

Hopefully that helps.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed!   Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Quote :
MODES:
1. The first mode (Green Mode) represents an additional amount of fuel added under cruise conditions. A flashing green LED should appear on the LED display. To add more fuel, scroll the flashing green LED to the right using the (+) button. To add less fuel, scroll the flashing green LED to the left using the (-) button. If you set the flashing green LED to the 0.5 position on the LED display, no fuel will be added to the stock fuel curve.

2. The second mode (Yellow Mode) represents an additional amount of fuel added during acceleration. A flashing yellow LED should appear on the LED display. To add more fuel, scroll the flashing yellow LED to the right using the (+) button. To add less fuel, scroll the flashing yellow LED to the left using (-) button. If you set the flashing yellow LED to the 0.5 position on the LED display no fuel will be added to the stock fuel curve.

3. The third mode (Red Mode) represents an additional amount of fuel added during full throttle conditions. A flashing red LED should appear on the LED display. To add more fuel, scroll the flashing red LED to the right using the (+) button. To add less fuel, scroll the flashing red LED to the left using (-) button. If you set the flashing red LED to the 0.5 position on the LED display no fuel will be added to the stock fuel curve. NOTE: If the flashing green, yellow, and red LEDs in modes 1 through 3(Green, Yellow and Red) are set to the 0.5 position on the LED display then the FMF Power Programmer will not add any fuel to the bike's stock fuel curve. This setting will essentially turn off the FMF Power Programmer even though it is still attached to the bike's fuel injection system. The bike will run as thought the FMF Power Programmer is not installed. The FMF Power Programmer LED's will still operate normally even though no fuel is being added.

4. The fourth mode (Green-Blue Mode) is an adjustment to determine the point on the RPM range when the cruise/Green Mode fuel turns ON. A flashing green LED appears on the LED display while at the same time a flashing blue LED appears on the 8th LED. The cruise/Green Mode fuel can be set to turn on at idle or just above idle at a point selected by the user by adjusting the green LED in this mode. The Green-Blue mode is RPM based ONLY. Each LED position represents a specific RPM on your bike. In this case, LED 0.5 will turn ON the cruise/Green Mode fuel at 1,000 RPM and LED 8 will turn ON the cruise/Green Mode fuel at 2,800 RPM. Each LED setting in between 0.5 and 8 will turn ON the cruise/Green Mode fuel in between the above-mentioned RPM points. You can calculate what RPM corresponds to what LED by interpolation. If at idle, the Green LED is solid, then Green Mode is active and Green-Blue LED is set to a RPM that is lower than the idle RPM of the Motorcycle; Green Mode fuel is being added at idle. If at idle the Green LED is slowly flashing, the the Green Mode is NOT active and the Green-Blue LED is set to a RPM that is higher than the idle RPM of the Motorcycle; Green Mode fuel is NOT being added at idle.

5. The fifth mode (Yellow-Blue Mode) is an adjustment to determine the time when acceleration/Yellow Mode fuel amount turns on. A flashing yellow LED appears on the LED display while at the same time a flashing blue LED appears on the 8th LED. To increase the sensitivity and therefore cause the Yellow Mode fuel to turn on sooner, scroll the flashing yellow LED to the left using the (-) button. To decrease sensitivity and therefore cause the Yellow Mode fuel to turn on later, scroll the flashing yellow LED to the right using the (+) button.

6. The sixth mode (Red-Blue Mode) is an adjustment to determine the time when the full throttle/Red Mode fuel amount turns on. A flashing red LED appears on the LED display while at the same time a flashing blue LED appears on the 8th LED. To increase the sensitivity and therefore cause the Red Mode fuel to turn on sooner, scroll the flashing red LED to the left using the (-) button. To decrease sensitivity and therefore cause the Red Mode fuel to turn on later, scroll the flashing red LED to the right using the (+) button.

Maybe drop that yellow mode down to 4 and see how it feels?

Also - get a more realistic mpg test.

By that I mean - less wide open, full throttle, interstate riding.

You should be getting at least 60-70 miles on a full tank before the reserve light comes on.
Also - check how much gas you put back into tank after light comes on.

I think I ride like a knucklehead. No thoughts about fuel mileage. None.
Attempts to wheelie ( I really suck at wheelies), almost rev-limiter in most gears through 4th gear most of the time,
Hard acceleration and hard breaking......I'm not hyper0miling by any means. I get 50-55 mpg with the mods I have.

Getting 50 mpg shouldn't be difficult for anybody while still having plenty of fun.

That being said - I never ride freeways. I'll jump to 70-75 mph but I rarely hold that speed for more than a mile or two before traffic or curves make me slow down.

What gearing do you have on your bike?

Also, if you have a speedo corrector your odometer might be off some. Unless you track distance by gps....

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
b.ringrose

b.ringrose

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed!   Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:31 pm

I believe the gearing is stock, no time to pull the front sprocket cover off tonight but ill check tomorrow. Whats a speedo corrector? Is that something built into the stock speedo?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed!   Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:27 am

b.ringrose wrote:
I believe the gearing is stock, no time to pull the front sprocket cover off tonight but ill check tomorrow. Whats a speedo corrector? Is that something built into the stock speedo?

No. a speedo-corrector is a device you buy separately and install yourself to correct either your speedometer or your odometer after a gearing change.

You have an 08 model right?

A black rubber gasket-type thingy on the rear sprocket perhaps?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
b.ringrose

b.ringrose

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed!   Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:23 pm

I dont believe I have one, But i'll have to take a closer look tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed!   Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed! Empty

Back to top Go down

Leo Vince X3 Exhuast, Programmer help needed!
Page 1 of 1