Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

OEM Parts?

Go down 
+2
mwakey
wildmotha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wildmotha

wildmotha

OEM Parts? Empty
PostSubject: OEM Parts?   OEM Parts? EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:48 am

What's the best website for Yamaha parts? I'm in the market for a fuel tank and fuel pump and have noticed almost a 100 dollar variation from site to site.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

OEM Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Parts?   OEM Parts? EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 12:45 pm

Can't answer your question as to who is cheapest. Maybe someone else can. I was just curious as to why you need a new tank and pump? I know some people have had problems with bad pumps, but why the tank? OEM tanks are NOT cheap for this bike. Maybe you should consider a Safari tank if you're going to replace it anyhow. More capacity and probably equal or cheaper than buying an OEM tank and pump.
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

OEM Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Parts?   OEM Parts? EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 12:50 pm

Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

OEM Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Parts?   OEM Parts? EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 1:02 pm

Oh ya, I remember now. Rusted tank.
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

OEM Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Parts?   OEM Parts? EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 1:13 pm

Well, the safari tank is 440, I think....and stock is 250 for tank and 225 for the pump. I'd love to get my hands on a used tank and fuel pump from a totaled bike or something, but I have no idea how to find that, also the bike maybe be too new for that sort of thing.

And no one is willing to part with their stock tanks after getting the aftermarket....YET

Luckily I don't need a CA tank, It's 1100 eeek

I might just try and seal it, for now. Most people said that stuff doesn't last too long, but I just need it to last till I can get a used tank.
Back to top Go down
macfast

macfast

OEM Parts? Empty
PostSubject: OME parts   OEM Parts? EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:32 pm

cyclepartswarehouse.com has the best prices I know of.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

OEM Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Parts?   OEM Parts? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 2:49 am

wildmotha wrote:
What's the best website for Yamaha parts? I'm in the market for a fuel tank and fuel pump and have noticed almost a 100 dollar variation from site to site.

I haven't shopped very hard yet, but these are the guys I've been patronizing for Yammy goodies since getting my bike and seeing what my local dealer charges:

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx

They advertise "30% off on Yamaha parts" and that seems to be their pricing. Bought my front and rear disc guards off them, a supply of oil filters and O rings, and some other odds and sods. Let's see... they advertise the fuel pump complete for $198, and the gas tank complete at $240. They look about as good as cycleparts....
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

OEM Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Parts?   OEM Parts? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 10:13 am

Thanks guy, definately the lowest prices yet! thumb
Back to top Go down
greer

OEM Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Parts?   OEM Parts? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 7:07 am

Check out actionparts.net. Best prices I've found, but that was for the DR. They offer parts for Honda, Kaw, Suzuki, Yamaha. I have no affiliation, I was just impressed with their prices and service.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

OEM Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Parts?   OEM Parts? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:50 am

another source for parts is honda/yamaha of troy....luckily i haven't needed to buy much in the way of oem type parts in a long time,but they did have very good pricing on the stuff i have had to get in the past.
if you or anyone else wants to try them...call them over ordering online,they have nice well informed people you talk with and you'll usually get the better prices over the posted prices on the online look-up stuff on their site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OEM Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Parts?   OEM Parts? Empty

Back to top Go down

OEM Parts?
Page 1 of 1