Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Need a longer lasting tyre!

Go down 
+2
papi4baby
bfgjohno
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bfgjohno

Need a longer lasting tyre!  Empty
PostSubject: Need a longer lasting tyre!    Need a longer lasting tyre!  EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Help! I'm out in Kenya and struggle to get anywhere near 1000km from a rear Pirelli mt21. Anyone know a tyre that will give me some better mileage on gravel, volcanic and rock? There is occasional sand and mud as well. I try and avoid tar as that is where accidents happen! Temperatures are 15-37 deg Celsius most of the time.
Cheers john
Back to top Go down
papi4baby

papi4baby

PostSubject: Re: Need a longer lasting tyre!    Need a longer lasting tyre!  EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Dunlop D606 is mentioned as lasting almost twice as long and being pretty good off road tire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a longer lasting tyre!    Need a longer lasting tyre!  EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Pirelli MT43 work very well on rocks and not too bad on asphalt. People report getting good life, but I haven't had mine for long.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Need a longer lasting tyre!    Need a longer lasting tyre!  EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:09 pm

dhally wrote:
Pirelli MT43 work very well on rocks and not too bad on asphalt. People report getting good life, but I haven't had mine for long.

Only if you consider 2500 good life out of a new tire. I do not and once I use up my second used one I have here waiting to go on, I will be switching to something else.

Last edited by Coop on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

PostSubject: Re: Need a longer lasting tyre!    Need a longer lasting tyre!  EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:33 pm

I had about 4500 miles on my stock Trail Wings and they still had miles left in them when replaced. 5000 miles was achievable. I wanted something more off-road oriented and regret the decision. I'm going back to something like a true 50/50 tire, maybe even another set of Trail Wings.
Back to top Go down
bfgjohno

PostSubject: Re: Need a longer lasting tyre!    Need a longer lasting tyre!  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:31 am

I used the standard trail wings at first but really need the knobs of a true offload tyre in the gravel. Not sure if the d606 is available in uk where I source my tyres.
Anyone used mitts stone kings?

John
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

PostSubject: Re: Need a longer lasting tyre!    Need a longer lasting tyre!  EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 4:42 pm

+1 for Dunlop D606 for the rear....something (anything) else for the front. I had good luck with the Pirelli xcmh on the front.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Need a longer lasting tyre!    Need a longer lasting tyre!  EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 4:52 pm

606 for me please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a longer lasting tyre!    Need a longer lasting tyre!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Need a longer lasting tyre!
Page 1 of 1