Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Scott Oiler?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Racig

Scott Oiler? Empty
PostSubject: Scott Oiler?   Scott Oiler? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:54 am

I'm seriously thinking about getting a scott oiler for my bike. I use it to commute and ride in all weather, all year round. It is no fun to be cleaning and lubing a chain outside in the cold months. I'm wondering about a couple things. My wr250x (2010) has a large plastic or rubber kind of rung around the rear sprocket. I don't see this in photos of other people's bikes. Is this just on the 'x' version of what? Can it be removed? (if so how). I would need that to be gone to use an automatic chain oiler. Next up, I'm wondering where you tap for a vacuum point to run a scott oiler vsystem? I don't quite understand this part of the installation.

Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

Scott Oiler? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Oiler?   Scott Oiler? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:01 am

That gasket was on my 2008 too. It squeaked and made noise so I took a scraper with brand new razor blade and scraped it off the last time I had my wheel off. It's on both sides of the sprocket, at least it was on my '08. I also removed it from my counter shaft sprocket.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Scott Oiler? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Oiler?   Scott Oiler? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:41 am

From what I recall, that stupid-azz rubber gasket ring on the rear sprocket was only on the 2008 models.

Are you sure you have a 2010?????

Did you buy bike used? I guess it's possible a previous owner installed a 2008 sprocket????????

I think one guy machined his off. Another I think used a sharp chisel and sliced the thing off while the sprocket was still on the bike.

I'd recommend just buying a new sprocket - and get one with a few more teeth. Very happy thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
skrew

Scott Oiler? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Oiler?   Scott Oiler? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:48 pm

Back to top Go down
skrew

Scott Oiler? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Oiler?   Scott Oiler? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:54 pm

Racig wrote:
Next up, I'm wondering where you tap for a vacuum point to run a scott oiler vsystem? I don't quite understand this part of the installation.

Actually its a pretty simple part, see my photo-stream here https://picasaweb.google.com/112840897894853768819/ScottoilerVSystemOnMyWR
Back to top Go down
Racig

Scott Oiler? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Oiler?   Scott Oiler? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:49 pm

motokid wrote:
From what I recall, that stupid-azz rubber gasket ring on the rear sprocket was only on the 2008 models.

Are you sure you have a 2010?????

Did you buy bike used? I guess it's possible a previous owner installed a 2008 sprocket????????

I think one guy machined his off. Another I think used a sharp chisel and sliced the thing off while the sprocket was still on the bike.

I'd recommend just buying a new sprocket - and get one with a few more teeth. Very happy thumb

I did buy the bike used, but from a reputable dealer and it had very low KMs on it. The graphics also match the 2010 year so I don't doubt that. I am in Japan - maybe there was some difference in the set up on the bike here. I don't have any issue with the size of the current sprocket so wasn't really interested in getting another (with more or less teeth). I use my bike to commute between Osaka and Kyoto daily and the gearing is perfect for that.
Back to top Go down
Racig

Scott Oiler? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Oiler?   Scott Oiler? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:22 pm

skrew wrote:
Racig wrote:
Next up, I'm wondering where you tap for a vacuum point to run a scott oiler vsystem? I don't quite understand this part of the installation.

Actually its a pretty simple part, see my photo-stream here https://picasaweb.google.com/112840897894853768819/ScottoilerVSystemOnMyWR

I had read your thread on here, but hadn't seen the photo collection on picassa. I think I've got it. You cut and tapped into the vacuum used to control the flapper door. Are the white and black plastic attachments included with the Scott oiler or something you put in yourself?
Back to top Go down
skrew

Scott Oiler? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Oiler?   Scott Oiler? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:23 am

Racig wrote:
Are the white and black plastic attachments included with the Scott oiler or something you put in yourself?

Everything I need was included with Scottoiler vSystem box. It was Scottoiler standard or universal non-branded edition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scott Oiler? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Oiler?   Scott Oiler? Empty

Back to top Go down

Scott Oiler?
Page 1 of 1