Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr_Rotor

FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned Empty
PostSubject: FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned   FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:12 am

Hi there!

I bought a FMF quiet core insert (040630) for my Powercore4 muffler.

The thing is that the hole in the new insert, were the allen screw goes through, does not align with the screw hole in the muffler. Looks like the thin inner pipe in the muffler that holds the hole has gone like 5-8 mm into the muffler itself (picture).

If you look at the old spark arrestor you can see how "stretched" and oval the hole is, to be able to reach the screw hole in the muffler.

Anyone who has seen it before?

I thinking of taking the muffler apart and see if I can bang the inner pipe in place to align with the new insert's hole.

Any other suggestions? :)

FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned 20120711fmfquietcoreins

FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned 20120711fmfquietcoreinss

Back to top Go down
JustWannaRide

PostSubject: Re: FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned   FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:09 pm

I'll need to get a pic but my quiet insert for my Power Core 4 looks nothing like yours. Did you confirm the part numbers before/when ordering?

I'll try to get a pic by tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned   FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:17 am

Looks like it took a hit and pushed it back the way the hole is deformed on the one you took out. Worst case is you have to try drill a new hole and use a nut if you can't get the holes lined back up.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned   FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:31 am

I took a quiet insert from a different fmf muffler...a little different than yours, but mostly the same.
I had the same problem, so I just went at it with a little round file until it fit...now it fits.
Back to top Go down
chris07r6

PostSubject: Re: FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned   FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:03 pm

mucker wrote:
I took a quiet insert from a different fmf muffler...a little different than yours, but mostly the same.
I had the same problem, so I just went at it with a little round file until it fit...now it fits.

I had the same problem and solved it the same was as listed above
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned   FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF Quiet Core Insert - holes not aligned
Page 1 of 1