Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

heat wrap question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thorfox

heat wrap question Empty
PostSubject: heat wrap question   heat wrap question EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:33 pm

i recently bought a stock 08 wr250x and put a fmf power core 4 slip on it and now i cant ride with a passenger.

every once in a while i want to take somebody for a ride but with the fmf slip on on there i cant anymore with out someone getting their leg burnt to a crisp.

so, my question is can i use some DEI header/heat wrap around the muffler/can part of the exhaust? has anyone tried it? i havent been able to find any information on this. dunno
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

heat wrap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat wrap question   heat wrap question EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:50 pm

I don't see why not. I've read of cases where the wrap has retained moisture which caused premature corrosion of the pipe so keep that in mind if you get caught in the rain.
Back to top Go down
skrew

heat wrap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat wrap question   heat wrap question EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 1:00 pm

Just re-use stock heat-guard. Mount it by 2 stainless large mount rings. Photo of same setup lying around this forum.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

heat wrap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat wrap question   heat wrap question EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Don't wrap an aluminum muffler it will burn through... get creative and re-mount the stock shield or buy a universal aftermarket one.

Or just tell your woman to suck it up :) My cousin was proud to show off the burn on her ankle after her first ride with the boyfriend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

heat wrap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat wrap question   heat wrap question Empty

Back to top Go down

heat wrap question
Page 1 of 1