Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Engine reapir - Valve Adjusting Pads sizes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spark

Engine reapir - Valve Adjusting Pads sizes Empty
PostSubject: Engine reapir - Valve Adjusting Pads sizes   Engine reapir - Valve Adjusting Pads sizes EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:49 am

I've been getting some knocking noises from the Cylinder head.

My technician has opened it before to replace the cam chain tensioner and found it needs some maintenance if I want to keep riding it hard :)

So he advise me to get new rings, valves, gaskets.

My question is regards to the Valves Adjusting Pad sizes. We don't know what we need since when he opened the head last time didn't measure the Valve Pads.

So my bike has 30,000KM on it and I was wondering if anyone here could direct me towards which Pad sizes I should aim towards. They start from 1.20 to 2.40

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Engine reapir - Valve Adjusting Pads sizes   Engine reapir - Valve Adjusting Pads sizes EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:15 pm

You have to measure the valve clearances first.
Back to top Go down
Spark

PostSubject: Re: Engine reapir - Valve Adjusting Pads sizes   Engine reapir - Valve Adjusting Pads sizes EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:08 am

YZEtc wrote:
You have to measure the valve clearances first.

Thanks for the quick reply.

So I will have to buy the part in Israel, otherwise I'll have to stop riding for a month+.. (not an option I ride daily).

Motorcycle parts triple their prices for some reason upon arriving to Israel. scratch

That's why I was hoping to get an estimate on the sizes so I can order a couple of sizes because of the price difference.

edit: I just checked, the part is tripled as i thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine reapir - Valve Adjusting Pads sizes   Engine reapir - Valve Adjusting Pads sizes Empty

Back to top Go down

Engine reapir - Valve Adjusting Pads sizes
Page 1 of 1