Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Broke my WRX's computer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hell0men

hell0men

Broke my WRX's computer Empty
PostSubject: Broke my WRX's computer   Broke my WRX's computer EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:54 am

Few days ago I learnt to do wheelie and my bike made a salto and droped on the handlebar, broken computer. Now only signal lamps works and some digits on the screen.
How do you think, may i complitely replace it with a Trail Tech Vapor or Trail Tech Endurance or Trail Tech Endurance II ? How i can get that my fuel level is low ? :)
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Broke my WRX's computer   Broke my WRX's computer EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:02 am

From what little I've read on subjects like this....you're phucked.

You need to find a direct replacement.

You can use a trail tech in conjunction with Yamaha unit, but not as a direct replacement.

At least that's what I've read from a few different sources. I'd be happy if I was wrong.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Broke my WRX's computer   Broke my WRX's computer EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:01 pm

They're about 285 USD to order as an OEM part. Maybe youll luck out and find one cheaper on ebay. The only one I see on there now is 229.
Back to top Go down
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: Broke my WRX's computer   Broke my WRX's computer EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:47 pm

WOW... gee what did we do back in the 70's to do a quick check on how much gas was in the tank ... maybe bang on the side of the tank? Didn't need a visual check to know how many more miles could be squeezed out of a tank. The pitch of the thump on the tank said it all. Sorry... feelin my age.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broke my WRX's computer   Broke my WRX's computer Empty

Back to top Go down

Broke my WRX's computer
Page 1 of 1