Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

So I stuck a 250F battery in there... so far so good

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oic0

oic0

So I stuck a 250F battery in there... so far so good Empty
PostSubject: So I stuck a 250F battery in there... so far so good   So I stuck a 250F battery in there... so far so good EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:52 am

My battery has been giving up the ghost for a while. Probably because its 3 years old and ive run it down to empty half a dozen times on accident. Anyhow it left me stranded today so I went to walmart to get a new battery. Their little computer has very little on bikes. There were no batteries comparable to ours but the one listed for the F had identical dimensions. I bought one for 39.99. Spins the motor quick as the stocker (and much better than mine has is months lol) and the headlight doesn't modulate at idle like mine has been doing for months. So, so far so good with my 40 dollar mismatched walmart battery.

Honestly, the bike also feels much quicker / snappier. The dash lights are brighter and it doesn't stumble or occasionally die at idle. That quickness part could be 1 of 3 things though. Less resistance due to the bike not trying to constantly charge a battery that wont hold a charge well, the fact that I was out till midnight replacing the battery so the temperature dropped from 104 down to 82, or it could all just be in my head.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: So I stuck a 250F battery in there... so far so good   So I stuck a 250F battery in there... so far so good EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:15 am

Sounds OK to me because my 2009 WR-250F and 2008 WR-250R and 2008 WR-250X took the same battery:

Yuasa YTZ7S, or another brand's equivalent.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: So I stuck a 250F battery in there... so far so good   So I stuck a 250F battery in there... so far so good EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:47 am

I think both fit in both, only dif is it isn't a 7, its a 4 or 5 or something. They didnt have any 7s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I stuck a 250F battery in there... so far so good   So I stuck a 250F battery in there... so far so good Empty

Back to top Go down

So I stuck a 250F battery in there... so far so good
Page 1 of 1